Masked Lapwing / Spur wing

Couple of these guys on my new piece of dirt this morning. I was photographing the wagtails and didn't spend enough time on the plovers to get a set but thought I would share this one in here. Facing the wrong way in the morning sun :( haha

14312979521_1ced1de70b_o.jpg

Couple of these guys on my new piece of dirt this morning. I was photographing the wagtails and didn't spend enough time on the plovers to get a set but thought I would share this one in here. Facing the wrong way in the morning sun :( haha

14312979521_1ced1de70b_o.jpg

Awww, that really shows the spurs Dan, nice shot mate. Nice details in the mask as well. I'm pretty sure that in the northern hemisphere, the mask is different and no spurs. Interesting.

All the best Dan and shocked to see this one back up to be honest, its an older post :)

Danny.

I am surprised Izzie. They are very common on the east coast. Some would say you a fortunate though haha. Here is some info if you want to know more about them :)
Masked Lapwing | BIRDS in BACKYARDS

Awww, that really shows the spurs Dan, nice shot mate. Nice details in the mask as well. I'm pretty sure that in the northern hemisphere, the mask is different and no spurs. Interesting.

All the best Dan and shocked to see this one back up to be honest, its an older post :)

Danny.

Thanks Danny. Ahh I thought of this thread as soon as I took the photo. I put one of yours here up for potm back when you posted them ;)

Most reactions

Back