Oyster catcher BIF's (7 shots)

nzmacro

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of like the old Oyster Catchers when they show up. Funny though, never seen one with an Oyster yet :)

1: Blasting through and can't decide on these two which I like best, so I'll post them both up :)

orig.jpg

2: Different wing positions

orig.jpg

3: Slowly coming into land

orig.jpg

4: Heading off and about

orig.jpg

5: Threes a crowd

orig.jpg

6: Another group coming through

orig.jpg

7: Touchdown

orig.jpg

Sony NEX-7, Canon FD 500 F/4.5L

And that's probably enough of Oyster catches.

All the best folks.

Danny.

Last edited:
Beautiful shots Danny. Is the bird actually called an oyster catcher? I've never seen one before.

Those are excellent, Danny.

Of the first two I think I prefer the second. There are some light-colored reflections in the water of the first shot that aren't present in the second one. Either is an excellent shot though.

Danny...you got the catchers, where are the oysters?:mrgreen:
Anyway, I :heart:#1 and #2 until I saw the others...:heart::heart::heart: them all -- the comp is great, the sharpness and I like the ones with the reflections best. One of those "gotcha" moments there!

Beautiful shots Danny. Is the bird actually called an oyster catcher? I've never seen one before.

That's the common name for them Barb, Oyster Catcher. Two different colours here with them

The dark and white

orig.jpg

And the pitch black

orig.jpg

They do eat shellfish Barb, just I've never seen one going for shellfish. Small crabs I have though.

All the best and thanks.

Danny.

Thanks Iz and yeah Scott, I see what you mean on those white areas now you mention it. That might well be reflections from houses around the estuary. Well spotted Scott and thanks.

Danny.

Nice series Danny. Do you have enough resolution to crop out the 3rd bird in either of the first 2? I actually like #1 with the wings down. Also like #3.. Very nice shooting!

My fav are 6th from the top and the last one, they look great to me. And I too can't decide whether I like #1 or #2 more :lol:

Nice shots. I like number 1 and 6. I love that blur effect.

Excellent set a always. I prefer ( 'cause like is a bad word) #2. I think it's a bit sharper/clearer. As for the cropping , if you cropped to 4X5 portrait you wouldn't lose much resolution but I think it would be a bit tight.

Nice series Danny. Do you have enough resolution to crop out the 3rd bird in either of the first 2? I actually like #1 with the wings down. Also like #3.. Very nice shooting!

Aww that's a tough one Kris ;) Its already cropped a fair bit. I can try, but not the greatest ......

$DSC01935 (2).jpg

Its not one I would be too happy with :), but I see where you are coming from though. If I had used the 800 instead of the 500, it would be a different ball game.

All the best thanks Kiris.

Danny.

What a great set! No 1 is my absolute favorite and no 3 the second best, in my opinion at least.

I have wondered about the name too. We have also these birds here (and they look almost the same) but the only places you can get oysters in our country are the restaurants or malls. So what are they doing here? :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back