Massive Attack Live

Pagani

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there...i'm new in this forum, but I really liked the critics and the structure of this forum.

But cutting to the chase...I went to the Massive Attack concert here in Lisbon and used for the first time (in concerts) my Powershot S3 IS. For this type of camera (which is a little limited for this kind of works) i think that it did a good job....but that's why I'm here.

Here are 3 shoots from that night...tell me your opinions on what could have been done, to improve my techniques with your help...thank you!!!

72226274dm4.jpg

59463906cw3.jpg

69350141im3.jpg

Your right, those links are dead...sorry.

I guess a series is OK...I thought it was still limited to a single image for critique. My bad. Although, it's still easier/better to get in-depth critique with one image at a time.

I like the feel of these, the colored lights and the fog work well to capture the feel of the concert...or at least it gives the viewer a feeling of what it might have been like.

They looks a little noisy...but that will happen with a camera like the S3 IS.

In the first one, the microphone in front of him, is a major distraction. Same thing with the last one, but not as much.

Overall, I think the thing that is most lacking, is a connection with the subjects. We can't really see the eyes of any of the subjects and in the first two, I don't really get much or any sense of what they are doing/feeling. The third one is better because she is clearly singing her heart out.

I would avoid concerts completely unless you really have the tools and the flexibility to do a great job. Main problem is cluttered backgrounds and no audience in the shots. Singers should be able to take the mike off the stand and move closer to the audience. Ideal lens for me is the 300 mm f.2.8 Shoot for a narrow depth of field with colour rather than objects in the background. Clone out serious clutter in Photoshop. If you can shoot from backstage for a better angle and audience in the shot or up close with a 28mm wide angle.

skieur

Most reactions

Back