Maternity Photo - would love critique!

tinnytwist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post on here, and I am hoping to get some quality feedback to help stretch me as a photographer! Here is a sweet friend of mine, I took this a few days ago with my Sony A57. Thoughts? Thank you!! -Kristin

$DSC08131 forum.jpg

crop is too tight

It would look better if it was landscape orientation, to include her legs and show more of surrounding
jmo

others will tell more, I'm gone to sleep :)

I agree, I would have preferred it with her legs.

Thank you!! My only question is, IF I included more leg, then the tree would not have filled the sky space. Would that have been truly better?

The lines on the tree cut the composition. Watch your leading lines in all your pictures. That is the first thing people will notice about a composition and it can be distracting. Here is similar shot I took last week with a tight crop but fewer lines in focus.

$174J39381.jpg

I feel it needs to be warmed up a tad, also her hair is kind of in the way/distracting at the front there, swish that away and perhaps have her fold her legs? Im not sure having her entire length of leg in this shot would help much. Cute shot though. I'm doing a maternity shoot next weekend (in the studio though) Yay for preggo shoots! :)

I would go opposite of what everyone else is saying. I think this needs a tighter crop. I suggest something that gives her hands just a little bit of room. My first reaction was that the background is distracting, and think the tighter crop would help.

Thank you, thank you!! I appreciate the feedback!

Most reactions

Back