maternity shoot with friend

osirus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A friend of my sis in law is pregnant, and asked me to take a few photos of her,She was going to get a freind to take some pics with her little P&S but then they remembered me and that I said i can always use some practice, so if they ever need photos taken to just ask.

Taken with a Nikon D50, and SB600 mounted on camera.

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0407-1.jpg

DSC_0429-1.jpg

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0432-1.jpg

DSC_0520.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0295copy.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0685.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

wow awesome shots. Only complaint is d bacground of #11. great shot of the model but the mechanical device in background and the vent right next to her isn't so appealing. oh and your model is a tad bit 2 orange in 2, 3 and 5 on my screen. still loving the shots.

These are nice. Very good composition.

While I love #9, her hand over the one eye is kind of bugging me.

And #3, I'm not on a calibrated monitor, but the skin looks to have some greenish tones to me.

4, 6 & 12 are my favorites. #9 would be in there too if it wasn't for her eye being covered.

^^^^^^^

+1. My favorite. But then again, the only maternity shots I've ever done were B&W nudes.

The clothed, color type shots just don't inspire me.

4,6,7,9,10,and the last image are all pretty nice shots. This subject is often handled rather tackily, but your photos have a lot of style and class. I chuckled when I saw the Made in USA one.

Even though I like the above poses, the flesh tones on the earlier shots have a very strong, objectionable yellow hue,and the highlights on the dress in shot 4 are badly blown out. Re-processing the earlier images to bring her skin tones into line with the later shots would make the set look much better.

all are classic shots, since the most important part, the belly is well covered in each shot caring for her emotions as well.

I can't add a lot that hasn't already been said, but the photos are pretty good =) I think the B&W one and the first nature one are my favorites.

But like others have said some of the colored ones has a weird tint on the skintones.

Great shots, though I agree with Trini on number 11.

I have a soft spot for number 12, and the expression on her face in number 13 is priceless :)

4,6,7,9,10,and the last image are all pretty nice shots. This subject is often handled rather tackily, but your photos have a lot of style and class. I chuckled when I saw the Made in USA one.

Even though I like the above poses, the flesh tones on the earlier shots have a very strong, objectionable yellow hue,and the highlights on the dress in shot 4 are badly blown out. Re-processing the earlier images to bring her skin tones into line with the later shots would make the set look much better.
Absolutely agree here!

The skin tones are really hard to get past.

I like the composition of the black and white and I love how classy it is. I don't like the one really hot highlight on the belly. I find it a bit distracting and wish that the light were softer and more diffused and even across the belly. I like it being hotter towards the belly button and getting darker towards the body, but a more gradual fade would have been gorgeous. As it is, though, you should be proud of this shot, and the whole set!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back