What's new

Max Patch Sunset

Over Exposed

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
212
Reaction score
34
Location
Asheville, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this last evening. This was the highlight of the show as the sun dipped behind a thick haze a minute later.

5526847950_e3978db8aa_b.jpg
 
Wow this is beautiful! , although some wont agree with cutting off the landscape at the bottom much but it works great in this shot i think , great composition, exposure and color.
 
Wow this is beautiful! , although some wont agree with cutting off the landscape at the bottom much but it works great in this shot i think , great composition, exposure and color.

Spot on. I was sitting here thinking the thumbnail was been really slow to load haha. Not after a lot, just 10-15% of the height again on the bottom.

Otherwise absolutely stunning shot. Vignetting could be toned down a little, but I'm not one to typically favour it much.
 
Vignetting could be toned down a little, but I'm not one to typically favour it much.

Agreed. I was not happy about the vingette which was from the lens and not added PP. I have somehow never taken the time to learn vingette removal in PS, so I suppose now is a good time to do so. Anyone have a good tutorial to point me towards?

as for the cropping, it was the only decent option I could find for this particular vantage point. The elevation at this bald is only around 4k while the surrounding peaks are closer to 5k-6k, eliminating the ability to get a more downward vantage on the rolling mountain ridges.
 
Agreed. I was not happy about the vingette which was from the lens and not added PP. I have somehow never taken the time to learn vingette removal in PS, so I suppose now is a good time to do so. Anyone have a good tutorial to point me towards?

Got ACR with PS? There are lens correction profile that it can access (not always in existence) or you can adjust it manually. Just have a look at the tabs on the right; there are ones for vignetting, CA, distortion; all the 'negative' traits of lenses...
 
I'd call this a "glorious sunset"! Looks good!
But I personally wouldn't have minded to also see some of the colour gradation in the moutain tops. What little we can see looks promising.
 
Got ACR with PS? There are lens correction profile that it can access (not always in existence) or you can adjust it manually. Just have a look at the tabs on the right; there are ones for vignetting, CA, distortion; all the 'negative' traits of lenses...

Thanks Tyler! I quickly popped the shot in PS this a.m. before heading out the door. I went to Filters>Distort>Lens Correction in CS4 and found the vingette tool. Worked like a charm in seconds!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom