Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok... I went trough some older stuff and found this one

Not sure what I think about it and I haven't really spent much time on it

but well... why not posting it?
240515_0023-Edit (Small).jpg

Yes, very well executed. Interesting composition, love the line, depth, clarity, and mood.

Background way too distracting

Sent via Synchronized Cardioversion

I actually agree with pixmedic. I want to like it. Beautiful model. Probably a great location. From the wasite down, it's really nice because the subject is not lost in the background. But from the waist up, the background competes too much with the subject. I think the dark hair and the larger dark beams blend together. Just my subjective opinion. Ymmv.

it's perfectly ok what ever you guys think because this is not something I'm really satisfied it...there are reasons why I didn't chose it before and why I didn't spend much time on its editing

thank you!

I think maybe the top half background and the bottom half don't quite work visually. I'm not quite sure about this one. But it looks familiar, maybe you posted another from this set before? I think I'd like to see more of the reflection of the railing seen on the floor and not so much ceiling, maybe a somewhat different vantage point could've worked better.

I think maybe the top half background and the bottom half don't quite work visually. I'm not quite sure about this one. But it looks familiar, maybe you posted another from this set before? I think I'd like to see more of the reflection of the railing seen on the floor and not so much ceiling, maybe a somewhat different vantage point could've worked better.
Thanks Sharon :)

I definitely don't think the background is too distracting. I enjoy the lines and the contrast in patterns. Perhaps it's a little busy, but the tension between the subject and background isn't jarring to me. Nice lighting as well, her pose is nice and I like the tonal range of black and white. One thing that does bug me a little is the tension in her fingers, which could potentially give the appearance that she's scratching her scalp.

I definitely don't think the background is too distracting. I enjoy the lines and the contrast in patterns. Perhaps it's a little busy, but the tension between the subject and background isn't jarring to me. Nice lighting as well, her pose is nice and I like the tonal range of black and white. One thing that does bug me a little is the tension in her fingers, which could potentially give the appearance that she's scratching her scalp.
oh lol for scratching her head, I didn't notice that until you pointed out
but... I just don't feel it's an image worthy of time and if I could I would delete this thread

thank you for taking the time :icon_hug:

I agree

my issue with the background (i am including the rail as such because they visually join) is that the top half and the bottom half are pulling in different directions.
it isnt a matter of leading lines, because they dont lead directly to the subject. the railing OR the roof section(?) would have been fine, but together they pull the eyes in all directions.
in a shot like this (and im certainly not an expert so take this as just some idiots opinion) the eye should be led to the model. in this shot though, everything else in the picture leads the eye away from the model, or competes with her for attention.

the B&W conversion is ok. im not really a B&W fan, so I dont really have much advice there.
the pose is excellent. I didnt really see her "scratching" her head as much I saw "running her fingers through her hair", but I can see how either one would be visually applicable.

honestly, we could sit here and debate the backgrounds "distraction" level all day, but the real bit that kills this shot is the OOF "side frames".
everything else, to me anyway, is semantics.

I agree
I agree that you agree... :abnormal:

Most reactions

Back