Jeremy Z

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To me, this is just beautiful.
CBX1.jpg

Who knows what it is?

I like where your trying to go with this but....
The bike isn't straight in the frame....probably a result of being on its stand. ...easily fixed.
And I don't like the fact your reflection is in the tank. (twice)

Not beeing a moto head I actually like the reflection.
Dani

Came to this thread to find out what "a moto head" IS ... must be the same as "motorbike lover"?

And not being one, either, also I like that reflection and think it adds heaps to this photo. I do see the slight inclination and unsymmetry, though, and in a photo that is designed to be symmetrical, it distracts a bit.

When I see this picture I sort of cock my head to the side without even realizing to correct for the slight angle. I would recommend the easy fix in photoshop. As for the shadow, part of me likes it and part of me does not.

Honda CBX1000

DING DING DING!

For others, the Honda CBX was a first in the motorcycle world. It was the first motorcycle with an inline six cylinder engine. It has a unique exhaust note, and very smooth power. Inline six cylinder engines are considered the smoothest around. Many BMW owners (and owners of early Nissans, such as the 240Z, 260Z, 280Z...) already know this.

Aside from the romance of the hulking engine sticking out the sides, it was a pain. Reliable, yes, but carb balancing and synchronizing was nightmarish. Also, it was hard to keep the inner cylinders cooled. (it's an air-cooled bike) Those in the know usually ran cooler spark plugs in the center to help with this.

As to the flaws, I don't mind my reflection in the tank so much. Due to the convex curvature of the tank, it would be impossible (short of more photoshop magic) to not get the reflection and still get this angle.

Regarding the lean, I agree that it should be symmetrical. Alas, I don't have photoshop or any other program than can tilt an image in other than 90° increments. If someone would do it for me, it would be much appreciated!

This was just a snapshot at a bike show. I didn't think about it as long as I should have. I was too distracted by the beauty of a mint CBX. :blushing:

Thanks for your comments all!

And I don't like the fact your reflection is in the tank. (twice)
It was just once, some other chump decided my angle was a good idea and decided to duplicate my shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back