[meetup]european meeting

MDowdey said:
i vote for columbia, south carolina!!!!!!

Oh my, MD, this is sooooo European then... check your geography knowledge, will you?

London suits me fine. Should be able to get a cheep Ryanair Flight over somehow some day (I think).

Location settled (MD!!!! Settled! And it's NOT Columbia, SC).
Time?

London is OK for me. It's about 100miles down the road - and I used to live there so I know my way around. Not sure if my favourite restaurants are still there though...
I can make any date you like as long as I have a week or two's notice. So maybe people should start posting possible dates and we can see if there are any matches.
Let's get this thing organised.

OK.
Place: London.
Time: ?

For the time being, there are return flights to Stanstead for no mAore than 50 Euro (all inclusive, i.e. taxes and fees) on the weekend of 12 - 14 August. What do you say?

Later?
Sooner?
Much later?
Christmastime?

hmm I thought that a bit later would be nice... like 20 August? but I also think that meeting in the central London might be a bit... hmm.. boring :p:p:pMaybe in the subburbs? or a few miles from London?

Most weekends towards the end of august are fine for me. Mentos - not sure about the photographic qualities of the suberbs - have you seen them ?! ;)

Somewhere central sounds like a good plan to me - we could take some pictures there and move on somewhere more unusual. The south downs are always a good bet. They are only one hour from central ondon.

A good place to meet up might be the Photographer's Gallery in Gt Newport Street, Covent Garden.
I always go there when I'm in the smoke. Has a good coffee bar and is quite quiet. Also has some good exhibitions and a brilliant bookshop. Had some of my pictures exhibited there a long time ago...
http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Sounds good to me :) Can't wait to put faces to all the names. I'll be the guy in the corner with a copy of the times under my left arm and a red carnation in my top pocket.

:-( I've been following this thread for a while getting all excited about it.... but now you're actually talking dates, it's gonna be too late for me. *sob* ah well I'll just get in on the next Aussie meet-up. Have fun guys!

That is too bad, Meysha. I was thinking about inviting you to it, specifically, see, how could I know you were following this?
It was me who started to throw in dates, for I felt someone HAD to begin, and in all honesty: anything before the end of the summer holidays is too early. There's still way too much going on for me to be able to spare a weekend. Plus all really CHEAP flight offers are gone for July and the CHEAP offers only reappear in August. By the way: it's all the same to me (or the prices of Ryanair) if it's the weekend that I suggested or one weekend later. Can I bring my sister?

Who do we have to alert to this possible meet-up?
Scurra has just occurred to me as someone who lives in Kent, which is practically "round the corner"... who else?

(And I checked with Ryanair, I can still get the same deal a weekend later).

Shall we say:
Place: London
Date: 20+21 August

That would have the most important things settled. Leaves us to decide on where to meet and what to do. Have seen a report on Greenwich only this morning - could be an interesting excursion, too! (Just an idea). Is there a boat trip on the Thames out to Greenwich, maybe?

I'm in! I'll have enough cash I hope so :) and I hope we will find quite a cheap place to sleep :p

My sister and I will have to look for a cheap place to sleep, too! So we can work something out together - and best would be NOT to have that place IN London! My sister was quite keen and full of plans when I told her about our possible meet-up first, and since she's been to the area often, she came up with so many spontaneous plans - I was quie overwhelmed.

Anyhow, we shall probably be flying from the little Hamburg-Lübeck airport where only Ryanair leaves, and into Stanstead, so we shall arrive far out north of London. She named an interesting place THERE that I unfortunately forgot - where to sleep and maybe meet... but I must "interview" her again over this.

OK.
I shall now start a new thread with the place and date settled. And whoever wants to join in THERE and THEN can do. Else we keep discussing till the year is over...

ok LaFoto... so if you find something cheap PM me ok? my friend has a family in London and they are looking for something for us too, so I'll PM you if we find something... hah an here we have something like "cheap flights" to London :) buahah it is only about $20 for a flight hah.. !!! while the train to Warsaw, to the airport is about $25 :p so I'll be flying probably from Berlin... only 100 km from here so my dad will pick me up.

ok! Accomodation booked! I'll be in London since 15th August to 22nd August... so if anyone is willing to meet me just pm me and we will stay in touch :D:D

Goddamn I'm only 17....can't we have one in Brussels?
Cause after all, it's the capital of Europe (they say it is :) )

I hope I can help with the meeting
Brussels should be okay for me !

:hail: :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back