Melting

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is near an open pit mine in Arizona.

C&C is appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Nicely done; very much like the colours and composition. Is it an optical illusion, or are both slanted down on the RH side? I can't quite tell.

Love it. I live in AZ, too.

How do you get such bright blue skies? Photoshop? Everytime I take outdoor shots the sky seems white and I can't seem to figure it out in Photoshop.

How do you get such bright blue skies? Photoshop? Everytime I take outdoor shots the sky seems white and I can't seem to figure it out in Photoshop.

A polorizer will help bring out the skies...

Nicely done; very much like the colours and composition. Is it an optical illusion, or are both slanted down on the RH side? I can't quite tell.

Thank you. It could be slanted or it could be the new lens. I'm not used to the wide angle yet.

Love it. I live in AZ, too.

Thanks! The sky was gorgeous that day and I shot this with the sun behind me. I did use photoshop to edit, but I really didn't do anything to the sky.

That's my next purchase! I haven't picked one up for this lens yet.

The skies are wonderful. And both composition are very good, interesting shots to look at

very nice, interesting to see both textures next to each other.. i think the second works better compositionaly :thumbup:

Very nice, but agree that #2 is a little better comp.

A polarizer can be very tricky to use on an ultrwide angle lens like MissMia's Sigma 10-20mm especially at the very wide end. The sky can show a great variability across the field of view.

This is near an open pit mine in Arizona.

DSC_0152-Edit-2-RayMine2.jpg

DSC_0148-Edit-RayMine1.jpg

C&C is appreciated. Thanks for looking!

I like them both -- #2 better. Where is this?

The skies are wonderful. And both composition are very good, interesting shots to look at

Thank you.

very nice, interesting to see both textures next to each other.. i think the second works better compositionaly :thumbup:

Thank you Arch.

Very nice, but agree that #2 is a little better comp.

Thanks K!

I like them both -- #2 better. Where is this?

Thanks Ian. This is south of the Superior / Globe / Miami area. This area is my suggestion for our meet up in September!

Thanks for the filter info too.

Here's a link to info on UWA with polarizers

http://photo.net/nature-photography-forum/00NHqK
This is a priceless quote from one of the posts in that link:

(6) Once you get your "Google" key working, you will find this question about polarization has been asked and answered dozens of times on Photo.net. Google is your friend! Digital photography is intertwined with computer skills. Do your homework instead of complaining.

Not specific to polarizers BTW.

:lol: Love it!

This is a priceless quote from one of the posts in that link:

Not specific to polarizers BTW.

:lol: Love it!

Can't imagine what we'd do without Google! We might actually have to read books again .... gasp!

Most reactions

Back