What's new

Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe

JoL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
147
Reaction score
82
Location
Boston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From my trip to Berlin

$DSC04209.webp
 
Yes, I heard of this memorial, I hope to see this next time I visit Germany.
Its a bit touching as some of my family was lucky enough to escape the Nazis and leave to (back then) Palestine, sadly some didn't make it and died in the concentration camps.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
 
Very intelligently composed and presented.
This loses in a small image on the screen.

I have a personal bias because both my maternal grandparents were the only remaining members of either of their families.
They were both from Germany and had married and emigrated to NYC in the great wave of immigration in the early part of the last century.
 
Thanks for the comments, appreciate it.
 
Very nicely captured.
 
Without the backstory, it's an interesting, somewhat surreal, and very artistic photo. The guy's presence makes me realize this is real and not just an artistic rendering. WITH the backstory, it takes on a completely different, much more sobering tone. As I've said before (in my noob opinion), a photo should make the viewer feel something, and that's something this photo/backstory do fantastically for me at least.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom