Memory card read error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drearyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was taking pictures on my camera this weekend And ever three shots and error message would pop up and say my card is not formatted mind you I have formatted it already I would have to turn off my camera open the SD slot close it and turn it back on unfortunately I didn't have an extra SD card with me and I was on a tour so I had to keep Using my camera. Does anyone know why this might have happened.? Or how to fix it?

It could be a number of things. If the card is REALLY old, I believe it could break down..

Try these:
Clean the connector pins (usually gold colored) with a Q-tip
Make sure the LOCK button on the SD card is not set to LOCK
Try it in a PC, see if it reads/writes files properly, if so format it again to be sure
Use a can of compressed air to blow out any debris in the SD card slot on your camera

Hi dryan, I will recommend you to check your card by attaching with the computer using a card reader or USB. if you are able to access the card , transfer all your photos to the computer hard drive. Then format your card using computer. you will not face the same problem again. Hope this will help you. try it once.

In all cases fails then try this photo recovery software

I had a problem like this with my brand new camera since basically the day I purchased it. 90% of the time it gave me an error "02" cannot read card - reinsert or reformat - and I'd lose all photos I just took prior to the error. Apparently the problem was with the card - it was a cheap class 4 card. I bought a class 10 card and so far no problems. If a new card didnt fix it though then there must be a problem with the camera.

This thread merely reinforces the need to have more than one memory card.

I was taking pictures on my camera this weekend And ever three shots and error message would pop up and say my card is not formatted mind you I have formatted it already I would have to turn off my camera open the SD slot close it and turn it back on unfortunately I didn't have an extra SD card with me and I was on a tour so I had to keep Using my camera. Does anyone know why this might have happened.? Or how to fix it?
You leave out some important information. In what device did you format the card?
Tthe advice to format the card in your computer, is suspect.

I recommend formatting the card with the device that the card will be used in - In your case, the camera the card will be used in.

As 480sparkey pointed out, having a backup memory card on you is a 'best practice'.

qwer123 said:
Probably you need fix your memory card. i had the issue before and i tried some recovery tool called EaseUS. It is finally solved. you can take a try

Is that free?

swiftparkour94 said:
Is that free?

You just got trolled by a spammer digging up (yet another) zombie memory card thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back