Mesograzers - My Summer Research

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm in Korea doing some research this summer and this morning I snapped a few photos of our target organisms, mesograzers associated with the seagrass Zostera marina. I thought some of you might appreciate the cute little guys :) They were all photographed in the same drop of water, so there is some degree of scale across the photos. All of them are just a few millimeters long.

With any luck I'll get out soon to take some real photos and then post those!

Taken with the Canon 50mm f/1.8 on extension tubes.

They look like shrimps...good detail...

Good call. :thumbup: Tiny shrimp and I was also thinking tiny scorpions...either way, these guys are tiny indeed. Very nice detail!

Good luck on your research project. :)

Thanks!

Good call. :thumbup: Tiny shrimp and I was also thinking tiny scorpions...either way, these guys are tiny indeed. Very nice detail!

Thank you! They're cute little amphipods, mostly Gammarids and Tanaids (if that means anything haha). An interesting note, the term "shrimp" doesn't actually refer to any particular phylogeny or type of organism, more so just their general morphology (what they look like). Technically, none of these are shrimps in that regard, but they are ​cute!

Thanks!

Thank you! They're cute little amphipods, mostly Gammarids and Tanaids (if that means anything haha). An interesting note, the term "shrimp" doesn't actually refer to any particular phylogeny or type of organism, more so just their general morphology (what they look like). Technically, none of these are shrimps in that regard, but they are ​cute!

Nice! Caught a lot of Gammarids in Maine, mostly Gammarus oceanicus ..I look forward to more photos!

Cheers!
Jake

Most reactions

Back