What's new

Metal Birds

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
4,801
Reaction score
83
Location
Brooklin, Ontario, Canuckia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I stole an hour at the airport today to test the 80-400lens. It was frosty but sunny.

yyz20062173835copy.jpg


yyz20062173854copy.jpg


yyz20062173806copy.jpg


yyz20062170579copy.jpg


Woohoo! Its Friday

Eric
 
if i'm correct, that lens will fit my camera nicely. ;)

great shots Eric. looks like you found one under repair...very cool!
 
Ahhh, to warmer days, blue skies and metal birds,
great detail with the new lens!

Bill
 
Great shots...I definitely like #2, this bird has been around! I like the fact that you captured her age and detail. I also like the last one....it makes me sort of sad to see her facing the sun. Looks as if she's had a good run....only to be retired and parted out.
 
LOL! Metal birds, that's cool coming from you. I love the name of that bird... " J a z z " Cool !
 
Thanks everyone, surprisingly I’m still not happy with the lens, there is something funky going on in some of the photos. I will have to post an example later.

The last aircraft is a Lockheed Constellation and spent it’s whole like in Canada. It was Trans Canada Airline’s first aircraft that could fly non-stop across the Atlantic. For the past 15 years or so it has been in Toronto as a restaurant but closed about 10 years ago. It sadly went on auction and the person who bought it has made a deal that will send it to Seattle’s Museum of Flight. Several Canadian museums have tried to acquire it in the past but with no luck. Right now there is a big fight on to keep it in Canada as a Canadian artefact. I hope we can get it to stay in Canada but if not the Seattle museum I know will take good care of it and is a worthy location. This is the only one in Canada so it will be gone forever.

Eric
 
good stuff, I was beginning to think I was the only one fotting aviation
 
cool series, i like the last one too, great shots :thumbup:
 
lostprophet said:
good stuff, I was beginning to think I was the only one fotting aviation

No, I'm in it big time but in winter it gets a little slow for my aviation stuff. Love your shots, I really appreciate the posts.

Eric
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom