Metal Birds

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I stole an hour at the airport today to test the 80-400lens. It was frosty but sunny.

yyz20062173835copy.jpg

yyz20062173854copy.jpg

yyz20062173806copy.jpg

yyz20062170579copy.jpg

Woohoo! Its Friday

Eric

if i'm correct, that lens will fit my camera nicely. ;)

great shots Eric. looks like you found one under repair...very cool!

i like 'em all a lot! especially the first! :thumbup::thumbup:

Ahhh, to warmer days, blue skies and metal birds,
great detail with the new lens!

Bill

Great shots...I definitely like #2, this bird has been around! I like the fact that you captured her age and detail. I also like the last one....it makes me sort of sad to see her facing the sun. Looks as if she's had a good run....only to be retired and parted out.

LOL! Metal birds, that's cool coming from you. I love the name of that bird... " J a z z " Cool !

Thanks everyone, surprisingly I’m still not happy with the lens, there is something funky going on in some of the photos. I will have to post an example later.

The last aircraft is a Lockheed Constellation and spent it’s whole like in Canada. It was Trans Canada Airline’s first aircraft that could fly non-stop across the Atlantic. For the past 15 years or so it has been in Toronto as a restaurant but closed about 10 years ago. It sadly went on auction and the person who bought it has made a deal that will send it to Seattle’s Museum of Flight. Several Canadian museums have tried to acquire it in the past but with no luck. Right now there is a big fight on to keep it in Canada as a Canadian artefact. I hope we can get it to stay in Canada but if not the Seattle museum I know will take good care of it and is a worthy location. This is the only one in Canada so it will be gone forever.

Eric

good stuff, I was beginning to think I was the only one fotting aviation

cool series, i like the last one too, great shots :thumbup:

lostprophet said:
good stuff, I was beginning to think I was the only one fotting aviation

No, I'm in it big time but in winter it gets a little slow for my aviation stuff. Love your shots, I really appreciate the posts.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back