Meyer Optik gorlitz oreston 50mm

iRswap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So TPF, I found this lens attached to a beat up old camera at a local good will for $5. the lens is in impeccable shape aside from the sticky aperture blades being slow. I am fully aware of the current situation with M42 adapters and how they function on nikons. My question for you wonderful people is, has anyone used this lens on a d500?
I know adapters with elements decrease IQ and that ill lose infinity with basic plate adapters. I want to know roughly how far this lens will focus as ive heard conflicting figures. some say a few feet, some say 2 meters and some say 4 meters. if the latter is the case, I wont mind losing infinity as most of my work is done within 10-12 feet. being a 50mm on an aps-c body itll be tight but after free lensing and seeing that delicious bokeh, Im hooked and need to get an adapter. pointers are appreciated.
I apologize ahead of time, i know this topic is covered frequently but after searching the forums i wasnt finding much info on this set up. thank you in advance.

Most reactions

Back