Michael Phelps

Yeah he did! But he didn't look happy for some reason. Maybe took a little more out of him then he thought?? We'll find out a little later.

I am thinking in a year we will hear he was drug doping :lol: Kidding! (I hope)

On a side note I went to preschool with the fastest Canadian female swimmer who is now at the Olympics - whoo hoo ;)

I refuse to think of any person who drinks and drives as a hero, whether he has 1 gold medal or 12. I also don't like how they shove that crap under the rug for people like him, and broadcast it like hell when someone like Lindsay Lohan has one. To me, he's no better than her, he's just a better swimmer.

I hate to be so cynical, but I just have a problem with our society promoting bad behavior (I don't care if he drinks, but DUIs aren't cool), and giving certain people the "golden boy," treatment. We should either be forgiving to all, or put everyone on the hot seat for everything like this.

On a side note I went to preschool with the fastest Canadian female swimmer who is now at the Olympics - whoo hoo ;)

That's awesome! Was she always really athletic in everything, or were you able to whoop up on her in other things, like tag and dodge ball? :) If so, you've got a lot of bragging to do... :)

I thought about becoming a professional swimmer, but decided against it. So Phelps has me to thank for all those medals...

(oh, and I used to watch it when VDH was raking in the gold. Now not so much).

pascal

He's up to 11~!
He's phenomenal. His mother said when he was a kid he use to say he wanted to grow up & be the best swimmer in the world.
:hail::hail::hail:

Id say he has potential to be a really great swimmer one day.:thumbup::thumbup:

I thought it was pretty amazing to watch him at the end, when they were giving them thier medals.

I didn't get to watch the actual race.

I refuse to think of any person who drinks and drives as a hero, whether he has 1 gold medal or 12. I also don't like how they shove that crap under the rug for people like him, and broadcast it like hell when someone like Lindsay Lohan has one. To me, he's no better than her, he's just a better swimmer.

I hate to be so cynical, but I just have a problem with our society promoting bad behavior (I don't care if he drinks, but DUIs aren't cool), and giving certain people the "golden boy," treatment. We should either be forgiving to all, or put everyone on the hot seat for everything like this.
last i checked, no one asked for him to be your hero.
and his DUI charges (i just went and read about them) were no different than the DUI charges kids in my town received.

And no one is promoting his poor behavior.

I was quite irked at the commentary for that race. The race itself was spectacular, but Phelps was hardly the MVP there. He just hung on for the first leg.

Even though it was the second and fourth swimmers (I can't remember their names, unfortunately) that truly excelled in the race, the commentators still didn't give them a moment of airtime, focusing on Phelps instead.

I agree, it was the second and last leg that really was amazing to watch. especially the last leg!!!!!!

Most reactions

Back