Michael Phelps

curling!!!!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

id love to try sweeping!!! is that what its called?

have you done it?

lol :greenpbl:

I heard rumors that there will be an exhibition event of Mens Synchronized Calligraphy.

I heard rumors that there will be an exhibition event of Mens Synchronized Calligraphy.
ill be sure to tivo that event in case im out doing anything else. sounds AWESOME!

MP swims in 5, no make that 4 minutes.

china is so good at gymnastics.
maybe its korea?

id really love to swim one lap against him just to see how fast he is.......

his actions harmed didn't harm anyone and no one is free of guilt so dont you think its a little pathetic (dont get angry) for YOU to CHOOSE who people look up to as role models? we are all guilty of something, but you, senor hound, get to choose which guilts can be overlooked and which cannot.....can you say god complex?
haha

There is absolutely no difference between someone who drinks, drives, and kills someone because of it, and someone who drinks, drives, and gets home perfectly fine. The actions are the same, and only independent variables determine the outcome. To me, there's no difference in what he did, and if he did the same thing and killed a family of four. He wasn't doing anything different on his end, it was just the circumstances that allowed it not to happen.

and another thing.
a role model means you look up to them for whatever attribute they possess that you'd like to possess. that does NOT mean you do the same things they do. take nearly any great rock and roll musician. and now think of all those people who have them as role models, and because rock and roll musicians did drugs, they shouldnt qualify as role models despite their skill at what they do? sounds pretty lame to me.

I remember when Kurt Cobain committed suicide, there were (I think) about six other children who after finding out, went to their room, locked their door, put on, "Smells Like Teen Spirit," and blew their brains out. But you're right, children are still able to decipher the good attributes from the bad ones in their role models, and adjust accordingly.

Perhaps you're taking the logic and intelligence you have at the age of (insert your age here) and applying it to a confused adolescent who is looking for an identity. I remember one kid in my class started cutting himself because he heard Marilyn Manson did it, and he was 15. Children at this point are sheep, begging to be led. It takes even a healthy person well into their twenties before the develop pure autonomy from the pressures and beliefs of society. And even then, they don't a lot of times.

But for the sake of clogging this thread up with useless letters, I'll stop here. You're not going to change my opinion of him, as you will not change your opinion of your heroes. Lets just agree to disagree, cause at this point, neither one of us is even learning anything from our discussions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back