Midway at dusk

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this one at the Corn & Apple Festival in Morden, Manitoba. I drove all the way down there to try and capture something like this. I really like how it turned out.

Any thoughts on how I can do a better job the next time around will be much appreciated!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great shot! Good angle, getting the fast ride and the slow ferris wheel...really interesting.:thumbup::thumbup:

The fast ride looks like a giant lollipop! :D I like this photo. No need to change anything about it. I think you pulled off what you had always wanted to pull off. The remaining blue in the sky helps A LOT. Looks super good! Maybe three steps further back to include all of the ferris wheel into your frame ... but that's about it!

That's hilarious! I like that. That ride is obviously going 100 miles per hour - lol.

no snow on the ground there?

or did you take this last summer?

Glad i wasn't on that ride!!!! :lmao:
Great shot!!!!!

I'm impressed, The tree does not help things but.....I worked for a small Midway company for a short spell some years ago. I am amaized you got this exposure with out getting bumped or jostled in some way. Dusk is one of the busiest times during any fair like that, People come to see the lights and or worked all day and it's the only time to get there and there are always kids running about.

For advice for the next time around, All I can really say is get behind the fences and shoot them from the back if you can get an acceptable angle, it will cut down on the walk threw. You may get someone who tells you you should not be there, but as long as you are not under or next to the trailers where you would be at risk that is all they can do.

Thanks so much everybody! Shooting this one was as fun as it looks!

The fast ride looks like a giant lollipop! :D I like this photo. No need to change anything about it. I think you pulled off what you had always wanted to pull off. The remaining blue in the sky helps A LOT. Looks super good! Maybe three steps further back to include all of the ferris wheel into your frame ... but that's about it!
I'm impressed, The tree does not help things but.....I worked for a small Midway company for a short spell some years ago. I am amaized you got this exposure with out getting bumped or jostled in some way. Dusk is one of the busiest times during any fair like that, People come to see the lights and or worked all day and it's the only time to get there and there are always kids running about.
The street was really kind of narrow, so I had no way of avoiding that tree obstructing the view. :( There was one giant truck right behind me, which prevented me from taking a few steps back but at the same time protected me from the kids (and adults!) running about. The widest my lens goes is just 18mm, so I couldn't include all of the ferris wheel into the frame... which also explains the angle...

Esto es un bumpo.

no snow on the ground there?

or did you take this last summer?

I took this one last August I think. It's pretty darn freezing here in the winter, although right now we are enjoying a balmy -12 ºC (10 ºF). I don't feel like going out with my camera into the cold, so I just post what I have.

Most reactions

Back