Might as well stop off and get an umbrella...

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of my umbrellas is about on it's last legs after a few years dragging it around, and I've been meaning to pick up another one. I've been out on the road since March, mostly in little towns from the Carolinas to Western Kentucky, with not a decent camera store in sight, and I'm not at one motel address long enough or steady enough to order one online and know it'll show up where I am before I'm sent to a new location (I had to chase my new Storm Case all over the place to get it in my possession, and that was even after I expedited shipment just in case I get moved quick, which I unexpectedly did, but that's another story).

Anyway, today I had to travel again, this time passing through Nashville, which does have a nice camera store fully stocked with most anything I might want ( DURY'S ). So, I'm thinking, "might as well stop off and get a new umbrella."

So I walk in, and... Well... things got kinda blurry after that... :confused:

Some time later, I walked out with a nice new Wescott umbrella. And a nice new Wescott reflector arm/holder. And a nice new Canon 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM. And a nice new Canon 5DMKII to hang it off of. And they're processing a roll of Portra VC 120 from my RB67 Pro S (@ no charge as a TY - YAY!).

I gotta stop buying umbrellas - they cost me too much! :lol:

Last edited:
You are a camera salesman's dream customer...

Congrats on the new, uh, umbrella! you must be so excited!!! It's a Wescott!!! oooh! Those are niiiiiice umbrellas! And a name brand reflector arm! Woo-hoo!!! That is awesome news man, just awesome news! And some photofinishing to come--120 rollfilm prints no less!! Yee-haw!! Oh, and a lens. And a camera. mumble,mumble,mumble.

You are a camera salesman's dream customer...
No doubt! Well, at least I'm somebody's dream something! :mrgreen:

Congrats on the new, uh, umbrella! you must be so excited!!! It's a Wescott!!! oooh! Those are niiiiiice umbrellas! And a name brand reflector arm! Woo-hoo!!! That is awesome news man, just awesome news! And some photofinishing to come--120 rollfilm prints no less!! Yee-haw!! Oh, and a lens. And a camera. mumble,mumble,mumble.

:lol: Thanks man! I'm still in a little shock here though. I'm not usually impulsive like that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I also walked out with a nice new Canon battery grip for the 5DMKII. :confused:

Dude...good move on keeping the grip on the Q-T until the second post!!! I really like the option of having a half-height body OR a gripped body,depending on what the camera will be used for.

Enjoy that fine new Canon full-frame buddy! The 24-105-L is really handy to have for events, walking around, travel...it's got the lengths!!!

Buckster, mind sharing what kind of deal you got? I'm in Bowling Green, KY, about 60 mi north of Nashville, and I've been on the hunt for a good price on the 5DMKII with the 24-105L kit. BTW, if you get free time between assignments, you should check out Mammoth Cave and some of the other parks in the area. You're sure to get some cool shots there. Or if you're out a little further east, check out Cumberland falls.

Last edited:
...and I thought this had something to do with the storms last night.
Nice new stuff to distract you on the road. :mrgreen:

It was at DURY'S

$2495 for the body and $800 for the lens, sold as a kit for a total of $3295. The grip was another $259.

Yeah no doubt. And for only $800. I was thinking, "that lens must be huge!".

Most reactions

Back