Mighty Susquehanna

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am always looking for scenes unspoiled by man...no buildings, no power lines, no signs. I can imagine standing in this spot 400 years ago and seeing the same as today. Take a look around you and see how hard it is to find such places.

Mighty Susquehanna.JPG

Love the serenity of your photo. I agree it's hard to find spots that haven't been altered, and enjoyable when you do. I also enjoy being in places like Montana and Wyoming and finding old homesteads that are far removed from even the small towns of today. When you consider the changes in the roads and vehicles of today and where those people homesteaded - those guys liked their solitude!

Thank you much! Last year in the summer, there was a great blue heron usually hanging off the point of the island there in the center.

I am always looking for scenes unspoiled by man...no buildings, no power lines, no signs. I can imagine standing in this spot 400 years ago and seeing the same as today. Take a look around you and see how hard it is to find such places.

Good advice and nice shot. I'm always looking for places like this, but over the last year or so, I've added history to the search. IE: there is a spring not far from the house that is a regular spot for me, that served as the last staging camp for Andrew Jackson, in his march to fight the Creeks, before he entered their lands.

@smoke665 I love history too. In high school, my electives were almost always of a historical nature. If you have not seen it, I suggest the new History Channel's series " Men Who Built America - Frontiersmen ". Last night was the first episode and I really enjoyed it.

I love history too

For me finding some incidental fact about about a location, adds a special meaning to the image. I've found stories by neighbors "handed down" over the years as invaluable sources. The kind of things you don't find in the history books.

FYI: I bet your image location would make a good one to do a "four seasons" series.

Very nice! Hard to find some good (public) places along the Susquehanna, very nice!

Have you visited along Pine Creek Gorge?

Nice shot, Dean. Because of the 2 trees, it looks like I've just walked through the woods and found this place.

I love history too

For me finding some incidental fact about about a location, adds a special meaning to the image. I've found stories by neighbors "handed down" over the years as invaluable sources. The kind of things you don't find in the history books.

FYI: I bet your image location would make a good one to do a "four seasons" series.

Thank you for that suggestion. It probably would make for a nice set.

Very nice! Hard to find some good (public) places along the Susquehanna, very nice!

Have you visited along Pine Creek Gorge?

We have lots of places along the river in this area. They put in a hiking/bike path for several miles a few years ago. Pa's Grand Canyon is one place I have not made it to yet.:)

Nice shot, Dean. Because of the 2 trees, it looks like I've just walked through the woods and found this place.
Thank you. I grew up with 2 sisters and no brothers or male neighbors, so I was always out in the woods.

Most reactions

Back