Milky Way 3rd try

I'm just going to say I agree with Dean and it's a very nice pic. Can't wait to see where you're at in a few months with this type of photography, you seem to have hit the ground running. You're tireless work is going to pay off, I guarantee you. Good work!

Thanks for the confidence! Not sure if I’ll have another chance to try this until next year because the Milky Way will be gone soon below the horizon and I’ll have to wait until April I believe before we get it back. Besides, I’m not willing to freeze my butt off out there in the winter in the middle of the night! I’m trying to figure out one more shoot before the moon is back up and the Milky Way is gone.

I don't blame you one bit. You should come down here where it's warm and get some "no light pollution" pics from the middle of the everglades alongside the gators, bears, wild boar, cotton mouths and rattle snakes. It's very exciting! :boggled:

I'm just going to say I agree with Dean and it's a very nice pic. Can't wait to see where you're at in a few months with this type of photography, you seem to have hit the ground running. You're tireless work is going to pay off, I guarantee you. Good work!

Thanks for the confidence! Not sure if I’ll have another chance to try this until next year because the Milky Way will be gone soon below the horizon and I’ll have to wait until April I believe before we get it back. Besides, I’m not willing to freeze my butt off out there in the winter in the middle of the night! I’m trying to figure out one more shoot before the moon is back up and the Milky Way is gone.

I don't blame you one bit. You should come down here where it's warm and get some "no light pollution" pics from the middle of the everglades alongside the gators, bears, wild boar, cotton mouths and rattle snakes. It's very exciting! :boggled:

I’m heading to Fl in December but the only creatures we expect to see are a Mouse and a Duck. Well and maybe some Ewoks...

I love it. It's better than my 100th Milkyway attempt.

Good stuff!

You have inspired me. I am going to have a crack at this now.

I love it. It's better than my 100th Milkyway attempt.

Thanks! I think the you’d be surprised at how uncomplicated it was. Check out the link I posted below.

Good stuff!

You have inspired me. I am going to have a crack at this now.

Awesome! You’re coast locations would be gorgeous foregrounds for it. You are “down under”yes? Does that mean that Milky Way season is just about to start for you guys? I know after October we lose the Milky Way here because it will be below the horizon, does that mean that’s when it starts for you?

I highly recommend Photo Pills app for planning. They have a tutorial/guide that I found useful. Milky Way Photography: The Definitive Guide (2019) | PhotoPills. I also watched a few classes on Astrophotography on Creative Live.

I’m heading to Fl in December but the only creatures we expect to see are a Mouse and a Duck. Well and maybe some Ewoks...

Ah, yes, the highly protected, Orlando Dancing Smile Mouse and Duck. Kids love'em! Have fun!

Nice shooting. I like the last one the best so far.

Both are great! I like the 2nd one best because of the milky way spilling out of the lighthouse. Hiking in sand? And no sleep, bonus points.

Nice shooting. I like the last one the best so far.

Thanks. Stayed tuned for one more!

Both are great! I like the 2nd one best because of the milky way spilling out of the lighthouse. Hiking in sand? And no sleep, bonus points.

Thanks Cheryl. I can sleep when it snows!

Thanks for the tip re: PhotoPills. I did a google search and it appears we are coming to the end of the Milky Way season down here as well. If no Milky Way I will practice getting starry night images.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back