Mills Bay, Auckland District NZ

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When taking pictures in New Zealand, there is a saying by Billy Connelly that comes to mind: "There is no such thing as the wrong weather, only the wrong clothes."

I was taking a weekend drive to the waitakeres battling torrential rains. When subsided enough, I stopped at mills bay to take these photographs.

Let me know what you think.

scaley.jpg

zen.jpg

millsbay2.jpg

millsbay4.jpg

millsbay5.jpg

millsbay6.jpg

I really like your photos the only comment I have is that they are a little too dark, I would say adjust the levels just a bit.

thanks alexanderhip.
yep a bit too on the darkside (spoken with my best darth vader voice). Tried to get the clouds to stand out more but I realized now I've overdone it a bit. The foreground seems a bit lost. cheers and thanks for that!

i agree that some of them are too dark, but not all of them. i think the first three are pretty much fine. a little on the dark side, but i think it works. the last three could be a little lighter. overall i like these quite a bit. nice work. :D

vonnagy said:
thanks alexanderhip.
Tried to get the clouds to stand out more but I realized now I've overdone it a bit. The foreground seems a bit lost

I like these, particularly #3 and #6. My own personal flavor would be to get rid of some of the sky; moving the horizon up from the center of the image. The clouds are dramatic, but not as dramatic as the rocks, and the most dramatic clouds are near the horizon anyway. Although I do really like the horizon in the center in image #2. #2 is one of those that's picking at my brain; I can't tell if I like it or not, but it strikes me.

Most reactions

Back