What's new

Minneapolis Skyline

Nice time lapse concept, but maybe you can try shooting from a different vantage point to avoid the headlights glaring directly into the camera.
 
Ah...... The footbridge south of Franklin ave over 35w. I've spent a whole lot of time there taking pictures.

That reminds me..... I got a new lens, so I have to go back.
 
Nice time lapse concept, but maybe you can try shooting from a different vantage point to avoid the headlights glaring directly into the camera.


That is hard to do. Living in MN myself, there are not to many direct shots of our cities skyline. Might just have to go real late at night so there are less cars or do a composite to eliminate the glare of the headlights in certain areas.
 
Ah...... The footbridge south of Franklin ave over 35w. I've spent a whole lot of time there taking pictures.

That reminds me..... I got a new lens, so I have to go back.


We'll have to meet up there sometime. I need myself a wide angle lens though.....


For some reason I cannot "like" your post?
 
Nice time lapse concept, but maybe you can try shooting from a different vantage point to avoid the headlights glaring directly into the camera.

If you move further across the footbridgeto the west, you run less of a risk of getting headlights directly in the lens.

here is a link to one of mine as an example. (won't post the pic here, not trying to hijack.)

DSC_4948 color | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I realize that doesn't give you the same composition, but it does offer a potential solution to the issue. The good news is that vandalism is in our favor there, and there have been holes cut in the chain link fence at several points all the way across the bridge. :lol: Another thing to try is to get the same shot in the morning just before sunrise. The light is really quite different, and not as many people have their headlights on.

The problem is, there is an element of crime in that area. Not terrible, but if you go hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of photo equipment, I would at the very least go with a buddy or in lieu of that go armed.

Again, this is my opinon. I realize that the opinion of others may vary wildly.
 
Nice time lapse concept, but maybe you can try shooting from a different vantage point to avoid the headlights glaring directly into the camera.

If you move further across the footbridgeto the west, you run less of a risk of getting headlights directly in the lens.

here is a link to one of mine as an example. (won't post the pic here, not trying to hijack.)

DSC_4948 color | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I realize that doesn't give you the same composition, but it does offer a potential solution to the issue. The good news is that vandalism is in our favor there, and there have been holes cut in the chain link fence at several points all the way across the bridge. :lol: Another thing to try is to get the same shot in the morning just before sunrise. The light is really quite different, and not as many people have their headlights on.

The problem is, there is an element of crime in that area. Not terrible, but if you go hundreds or thousands of dollars worth of photo equipment, I would at the very least go with a buddy or in lieu of that go armed.

Again, this is my opinon. I realize that the opinion of others may vary wildly.

Yes, bring a friend.
 
paulzeee; This is quite good, but IMO this shot could be improved by cropping half of the sky just above the half-way cloud.
 
Here is one from earlier in the year about 10 yards west:


Minneapolis Skyline by PMFITCH, on Flickr

I'll give your suggestion a try, Designer!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom