Minolta SRT 102

timor

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody, I need a small answer. I hold in my hand SRT 102, I wanted to buy it, but to my surprise the viewfinder is quite dark. When I compare with SRT SC-II I own it is like looking thru neutral density .6 filter. Is that normal and Minolta did improve it so much later ? Or is something wrong with it ?
Thanks for responses.

Not familiar with 102, but have a 101 myself. There is an aperture preview button on the right below the lens, that long chrome button. Push it.

Not familiar with 102, but have a 101 myself. There is an aperture preview button on the right below the lens, that long chrome button. Push it.
Yes, I tried it, at first I thought aperture blades are stuck, but no, iris and button work correctly. The thing is, that even with lens dismounted, is still dim. Unlike the SRT SC-II. Other interesting thing. Pentaprism housing has a window over aperture ring, but I cannot see aperture display in the viewfinder. Was it dummy ?

Can't help you there, not familiar with it...

No problem. I guess I would have to find one more (102) to compare.

I have a 102 and the viewfinder is definitely NOT dark. I assume that you have a regular f.1.7 50mm lens on it?

I have a 102 and the viewfinder is definitely NOT dark.
Thanks for that info ! 102 was the flagship of the series.
I assume that you have a regular f.1.7 50mm lens on it?
I have on it Rokkor-X PF 50/1.7. But even without lens at all is dark, could be, that the mirror deteriorated ?

By the way, the viewfinder can go all dark when the battery is dying.

By the way, the viewfinder can go all dark when the battery is dying.
SRTs were not that advanced. Battery or not viewfinder in my SC-II shows no changes.

"By the way, the viewfinder can go all dark when the battery is dying."

This one pegged my computer's "Laff-o-meter" this aft.

OK. So far the dark viewfinder remains a mystery, which, I think, we leave for the future generations to solved.:lol:
Thanks to all for suggestions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back