Mirna

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mirna (Custom).jpg

the only usable and nice light, in that hotel room, was from the lamp

She has a lovely natural smile. I do wish there was a little more light on her right (camera left) eye, but still a nice photo. :)

She has a lovely natural smile. I do wish there was a little more light on her right (camera left) eye, but still a nice photo. :)
thanks for the comment :)
I'm glad I caught "her"

She looks like the inspiration for you avatar!

Also lovely smile! That white "thing" on the bottom left corner is a bit annoying but I don't think it breaks the photo by any means. I just wish it wasn't there because the lamp is quite lovely.

She looks like the inspiration for you avatar!

Also lovely smile! That white "thing" on the bottom left corner is a bit annoying but I don't think it breaks the photo by any means. I just wish it wasn't there because the lamp is quite lovely.
:)
that white thing is the pillow. I originally wanted to show the bed and to include more of the room so that is clear it's a hotel room... but that wasn't as good as I thought it would be so I had to crop it

.. and yeah, I loved the lamp also but unfortunately I couldn't move it anywhere because the cable is too short

(and... if you knew her, you would know that she's nothing like my avatar :) )

some bounced fill flash would have really helped here.
the files are small, so working with them isn't exactly ideal, but I thought I would give it a go anyway while I have a few moments of free time this morning. (and because you have such a lovely subject)

was a little warm for me, so i made some adjustments to the WB.
Mirna (Custom).jpg

also took a shot a cropping, just to see.
Mirna (Custom)-2.jpg

Too much of her wonderful smile is hidden for me. Having her head placed slightly higher and not so deep into her arm or alternatively you raising your shooting angle would have been better. Also would have ditched the green material and ensured to see more hand rather than the odd protruding finger. Lighting, DOF and expression are nice.

Lovely photo, lovely subject. I was going to suggest cropping the left side and Pixmedic beat me to it.

the files are small, so working with them isn't exactly ideal, but I thought I would give it a go anyway while I have a few moments of free time this morning. (and because you have such a lovely subject)

View attachment 113225

View attachment 113227
thanks for your time but...

I don't use flash.
I really wanted a warm image. You wouldn't believe how much I had to desaturate yellow and red tones already!

Lovely photo, lovely subject. I was going to suggest cropping the left side and Pixmedic beat me to it.
:)

I didn't want to loose the lamp

Too much of her wonderful smile is hidden for me. Having her head placed slightly higher and not so deep into her arm or alternatively you raising your shooting angle would have been better. Also would have ditched the green material and ensured to see more hand rather than the odd protruding finger. Lighting, DOF and expression are nice.

well... I have to be perfectly honest here, right?

so... she doesn't have particularly nice smile/teeth/jaw/chin so I hid them, and I did my best trying to make her smile like this.

all in all, I'm pretty satisfied with what I got, not because of the technicalities (there are some distractions, I had noise issues due to dim light and I could better place her hands/arms etc) but because I was able to capture her in her best and make her smile honestly and nicely

I that case good call and well done.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Maria I prefer the WB as is of your original shot, the other edits are too cool for me.

View attachment 113225

View attachment 113227
thanks for your time but...

I don't use flash.
I really wanted a warm image. You wouldn't believe how much I had to desaturate yellow and red tones already!
Oooooh...sorry then.
That's why I said "for me".
I'm always interested in how other people envision my shots.
The wife prefers a warmer tone than me as well so I'm used to hearing that. [emoji6]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back