What's new

Misery

bulldurham7

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jul 25, 2014
Messages
4,238
Reaction score
7,434
Location
NW Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After three days of rain, I'd had enough...and glad I made the effort to get out.
 

Attachments

  • Misery-1.webp
    Misery-1.webp
    457.4 KB · Views: 126
I could have easily cropped in tighter on the heron and did...several times, but I like the atmospheric touch the extended branch offers to the scene.
 
I tend to agree with John that there is too much space on the right. I don't think it would lose anything with less than the entire branch in the frame.
 
What I find difficult about this shot is that the tree is so strong it overshadows the bird.
By including the entire trunk you make it a center of interest in the photo.
Perhaps by decreasing its color impact and changing its position in the frame, there will be more emphasis on the heron alone.

(this suggestion is based on my observation and belief that the importance of items to the scene, as intuited by the viewer, is affected by their contrast, the amount of space they take up and whether they are split by the margin.)

Misery-1kkkkkkkk.webp
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom