Missed the focus.. *sigh*

Rebekah5280

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm at this gorgeous location this afternoon. Perfect over cast day. I have my off camera flash doin its thing and have a beautifully composed picture.. I single point focus and..... MISSED the focus somehow!! :( I took three shots to be sure to get it, and I missed!! :/

So here is my recovery attempt. C&C??

$C - 2 TPF.jpg

The man looks a bit pale and white....maybe tone him down so his skintone is not so nuclear. But the "Save" you pulled off??? Pretty GOOD ONE!!!!

Yes, his skin tone is screaming "obviously I'm a vampire". lol I must have had my lap top screen tilted a little off when I was editing it.

Yes, his skin tone is screaming "obviously I'm a vampire". lol I must have had my lap top screen tilted a little off when I was editing it.
A tip to make sure that your laptop screen is always set to the correct angle. Download a copy of the zone system chart. When you're getting ready to start editing, open that up, and adjust your screen angle so that you can distinctly see all ten graduations. This will ensure that you always work with a consistant angle.

A tip to make sure that your laptop screen is always set to the correct angle. Download a copy of the zone system chart. When you're getting ready to start editing, open that up, and adjust your screen angle so that you can distinctly see all ten graduations. This will ensure that you always work with a consistant angle.

Brilliant!!! This will help me sooooooooooo much!!!!!!

Awesome info! Where would I download or find the download for this?

Just type zone system chart on to google images and you can find loads.

thank you!

The focus doesnt look bad here. If you toned down the exposure some were they were not on the point of blown highlights you probably have better details.

ALSO, always check the focus by zooming in on the shots you have taken on location. Always check your focus. This is a shoot and you have the time to ensure that things are perfect.

Or get a desktop. A laptop is not really ideal for editting. Desktops are cheap as dirt now a days too. Get one.

Most reactions

Back