Misty Sunrise (Pic Heavy)

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hit the water about 40 minutes before sunrise. It was 31 degrees F and I had to knock the ice of the two halves of the paddle before I could snap them together. The cold temperatures created a mist over the water and as the sun rose it was quite ethereal.

#1 Mist over the water just before sunrise.
East Inlet-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

#2 A Loon in the mist.
East Inlet-2 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

#3 Surprisingly, I wasn't alone.
East Inlet-3 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

#4 Sun on the mist
East Inlet-4 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

#5 A flyover (Canada Geese)
East Inlet-5 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

#6 Watching over me
East Inlet-6 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

#7 The mist is thinning
East Inlet-8 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

Very nice set and ethereal as you said. Good shooting. I've been wanting to paddle the kayak out to Egmont Key State Park for some time now but it's been way too hot. The air was cool last night so it won't be long now. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Yeah, good set. I like the one with the skene of geese(?)and the last one of the diver most.

Great set! I love being out in my kayak when it's like that. Somehow adds to the mystery.

Beautiful! Love mornings like that.

Very nice set and ethereal as you said. Good shooting. I've been wanting to paddle the kayak out to Egmont Key State Park for some time now but it's been way too hot. The air was cool last night so it won't be long now. Can't wait!
Thanks. I love shooting from the kayak. It can be a bit challenging at times but you also get to see things you might not otherwise.

Yeah, good set. I like the one with the skene of geese(?)and the last one of the diver most.
Thank you. That last one is one of my fav's too.

Great set! I love being out in my kayak when it's like that. Somehow adds to the mystery.
Thanks. That morning was magical. At one point I just sat there thinking "I have just been given a gift."

Beautiful! Love mornings like that.
Thank you. I think it was the best morning I've ever been out in the kayak.

Very peaceful and calm! Love the smoke on the water. Where were you?

This was taken at a place called the East Inlet Flowage. It's in the Connecticut Lakes region about 10 miles north of the village of Pittsburg, NH.

This was taken at a place called the East Inlet Flowage. It's in the Connecticut Lakes region about 10 miles north of the village of Pittsburg, NH.

Wow you’re practically in Canada! Nice time of year for a road trip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back