Mix O' Pics 71222

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Water Dance
Not the best IQ, I know, but I thought this reddish egret was worth showing just because of its behavior. As you can see, these birds jump and dance round while hunting, like no other bird I've seen. They're a treat to watch. Thanks for looking.
123355-studio.jpg

123357-studio.jpg

123365-studio.jpg

Just Chillin' Mate!

An oystercatcher just chillin' in the morning on the beach.
123249-studio.jpg

Beyond the Beach
123311-studio.jpg

123334-studio.jpg

Last Night's Moon

Haven't done a moon shot in a while so when I pulled into the driveway last night the moonlight was bright, and it caught my attention. I said to myself, "What the heck, why not?!" It was fun, glad I took the time to do it. This is handheld using the top of the truck for support.

123132-studio2.jpg

Nice work Kirk.
#1,2,6,7 stand out for me.

You guys that can get good moon shots annoy me LOL :D I really need to get better at them.

That is a great set of images. Never seen an Oyster Catcher resting like that although they must I guess if eggs are being hatched. I mostly seem to come across them standing on one leg.

Very nice set!
Thanks Jeff!

Nice work Kirk.
#1,2,6,7 stand out for me.
Thank you very much!

You guys that can get good moon shots annoy me LOL :D I really need to get better at them.
Thank you! Here's a suggestion ... Try these settings along with a tripod. Spot focus, 1/250 sec, F/8, ISO 100 and if you don't have a shutter release use the cameras timer and set it to 2 sec. That should help.

Another very good set.....
Thanks Jeff.
That is a great set of images. Never seen an Oyster Catcher resting like that although they must I guess if eggs are being hatched. I mostly seem to come across them standing on one leg.

Thanks John. Same here, I don't see them on their bellies often. I wonder if they sleep like that, it was early morning when I took the shot.

Very nice shot all. The Moon pic is especially clear to me, much better than mine. What camera and lens are you using.

Very nice shot all. The Moon pic is especially clear to me, much better than mine. What camera and lens are you using.
Thank you! I used to have a Canon 80D also, but I ruined it so now I'm using my old Canon T6 and a Tamron 150-600mm. Here's a tip, be super still. Zoomed out the slightest movement can ruin it. Also, focus, shoot, and refocus with every pic. Cameras don't always focus right each time. Then pic the best of the bunch.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back