Mixed Bag

I went looking for an owl yesterday, the only thing I got was LOST lol

Beautiful set :thumbup:

All beautiful. But I especially love the deer and the owl.

I live in a forest, no animals WTF. Lol great set as usual. Ed
Thanks, Ed. Gotta be something there unless it's one of those not-really-there forests that the Air Force uses to hide UFO's in.

It's a fantastic set - and boy gotta go with Derrel on this one, that owl shot is just amazing. Gorgeous landscapes to round it out though, makes me want to visit there someday.
Thanks! I was surprised that Owl shot came out as decently as it did. 1/20 second at 250mm usually doesn't work well, even with a tripod. Owls are about the only birds that will hold a pose long enough for short shutter speeds.

I love the portrait shot of the woody! nice work!
Thanks! Wood Ducks are pretty much my favorite critter around here, and there are a lot of them right now so I'm taking advantage of it. They are pretty skittish when they first come back in early spring but are getting used to people being around now. The first of those two was shot at 8 meters and the second at 11 meters, both at 500mm.

I went looking for an owl yesterday, the only thing I got was LOST lol

Beautiful set :thumbup:
Thanks, Bill. Best place to look for owls and not get lost is a zoo ;) Well, this place is pretty easy to since it just makes a great big loop.

Yeah that's a great mixed bag Scott. Also love seeing when you were shooting from, that's always a plus and something I should do as well. Gives a better feel for the shots themselves. Appreciated :)

Killing me with these wood ducks and that owl is just fantastic !! Superb pose, perch and BG. The Heron, I'm amazed you got a shot at all, excellent work to pull that one out. The bluebird is so cute and fine details there Scott. The deer tops it all off and another fine shot. Love that look and pose.

All the best Scott and nice work.

Danny.

Yeah that's a great mixed bag Scott. Also love seeing when you were shooting from, that's always a plus and something I should do as well. Gives a better feel for the shots themselves. Appreciated :)

Killing me with these wood ducks and that owl is just fantastic !! Superb pose, perch and BG. The Heron, I'm amazed you got a shot at all, excellent work to pull that one out. The bluebird is so cute and fine details there Scott. The deer tops it all off and another fine shot. Love that look and pose.

All the best Scott and nice work.

Danny.

Thanks, Danny. I guess that's one of the reasons I go there so much, it's always a mixed bag of photographs. I have other places where I know I can find birds and other places where I know I can find deer, but very few where I see so many varied subjects and never know ahead of time what will be around. The fact that it's so close to home just makes it better so I tend to go there a lot.

Most reactions

Back