What's new

Mixed Emotions

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.




7925741504_c78dface50_o.jpg
 
the blue looks pixely or is that just on my screen?
 
Neat shot. I like it. And look, o hey tyler has come back, seen it, and "liked" it already! Wow....so I know I am in good company in liking the shot.
 
I'm afraid this one is a little too "modern art" for my taste, but it's an interesting shot nonetheless!
 
Interesting--makes me wonder who would want to peek thru the window...any ideas?
 
I think the window is an add on since the sides dont line up right.
 
I think the window is an add on since the sides dont line up right.

I'm a tad suspicious as well, There is no window sill or reveals either. Almost looks like a piece of blue card hanging just "off" the wall.
 
If the blue thing was physically there, and I see no particular reason it was not, it's a piece of contemporary art mounted a few inches off the wall. I think.
 
Derrel said:
Neat shot. I like it. And look, o hey tyler has come back, seen it, and "liked" it already! Wow....so I know I am in good company in liking the shot.

You can never escape tpf!
 
This indeed is a part of an art installation. The "pieces" dealt with light (it's properties and interactions) and perception.
This was shot in a very, very, dim room. The lighting of the room, very low and warm, plays with your perception of the very evenly lit blue/violet frosted plexiglass set FLUSH with the wall. How the colors contrast, and the fall off of the light, and the advancing, or recession of brightness and color properties, made the blue "window" appear to float 6 inches off the wall.

It was fun, once again, to be around people who didn't get it. It was fun educating a few of them, and I think they walked away with a better understanding, and hopefully a better appreciation for what they were looking at. Even if you don't like it, that's cool, if you can at least understand it.

I wasn't sure how well it would translate into an image. I think it worked ok.

Thanks for looking, and your comments.
 
Very cool, BJ! The color shading and angles make the shot very interesting. Where did you see this at in Pitt?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom