MLB Houston

Chris399

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Going to an Astros game next month and was wondering if anyone has had experience with getting into the stadium with a camera - Would like to take my 70-200 to shoot the action.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks

Chris

What are the rules of the stadium? Should be on their website. Sometimes it's on the ticket. For instance, here at Citizens Bank Park in Philly, Hand-held video cameras and still cameras for personal use may be brought into the ballpark, provided no game action is recorded in accordance with Major League Baseball regulations.

I agree, teams have info. on their websites as to what is permissable to bring into their arenas. Some have restrictions on what type lenses and/or cameras are allowed.

Yes the website states you can bring a camera with a lens no longer than 4.5". I am trying to get some feedback from anyone who has actually been in the park as the lens I would like to bring is 5.5" in length. Just trying to figure out how strict they are on the rule.
Thanks

Chris

Ron - In reality, I would like to take my 70-200 2.8.

We have tickets right behind the dugout and the only other lens I have that fits the bill is a 24-70 2.8.

Maybe I need to buy another lens. Anyone have a suggestion for Nikon FX

Even if you do get it in I don't think your are going to be able to get in close enough with that lens from the stands.

Arenas in my area check bags but I haven't seen them stop anyone (yet) about bringing in a particular lens. There is one arena that I've heard about that will not allow people in with telephoto lenses (they end up having to go put them in their car). Teams are protecting their product and being more strict on enforcement.

I live in Houston and if they are anything like the Toyota center they are a** hats about lens size. As crappy as the team and attendance has been the last few years they should let any lens in. If yoy want to shoot baseball go to Sugarland and go to a Skeeters game. MUCH cheaper (plus free parking) anr they dont care what lens you bring. Or you can head to Arlington, the Rangers dont have a limit on lens size either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back