Mobile credit card readers

SHaller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm slowly piecing together my business and now that school is done I am getting a lot more time to do it. I just ordered square (the card reader for an iphone) and didnt realize how many other options there were for a mobile credit card reader. Does any one have experiences or recommendations about square or any of the other card readers?

I use Square and it is pretty simple, easy and straight forward. Funds are alwats deposited the next morning. I understand that PayPal now has the same system but dont know the details.

i was just talking to someone about this, she asked me if i took credit cards. something I want to look into. I know there was a post on this very topic about a month ago. just havnt had a chance to search it out.

SHaller said:
I'm slowly piecing together my business and now that school is done I am getting a lot more time to do it. I just ordered square (the card reader for an iphone) and didnt realize how many other options there were for a mobile credit card reader. Does any one have experiences or recommendations about square or any of the other card readers?

Inuit has one which is pay per use. I would check them out if they are claiming no contract.

I use Square and it is pretty simple, easy and straight forward. Funds are alwats deposited the next morning. I understand that PayPal now has the same system but dont know the details.

The only thing I have heard bad about square is that some people have had customer service problems. Has that been fine for you?

SHaller said:
The only thing I have heard bad about square is that some people have had customer service problems. Has that been fine for you?

I have had zero issues. The transactions I have used it for was seamless. My money, less their 0.25 or 0.35 fee is in my bank account the next morning. I have processed probably in excess of 100 transactions with them. Can't get much easier than that. Also, I have no contract with them. It's possible that they have changed since I signed up with them.

I just signed up and there wasn't any contract. Thanks for the input.

I have been very happy with square.
I started using square about six months ago. My sale increased just because I can take credit cards on the spot for sports team photos. Definitely worth the 2.75% fee per card swiped. Easy to use and the payouts have been anywhere from few hours to 24 hours for me. They also take refunds within 60 days.

I know PayPal also came out with a card reader with slightly cheaper fees but I like square better because it goes right into my bank account instead of PayPal account.

The thing I don't like about PayPal is if they randomly think something is fraud you are shut down even if it is nothing you have no access to your money while they investgate. Intuit has A LOT of hidden fees including monthly fees. I swear by Square. I have NEVER had a problem and the % fees are cheaper than the merchant services offered by my bank.

The thing I don't like about PayPal is if they randomly think something is fraud you are shut down even if it is nothing you have no access to your money while they investgate. Intuit has A LOT of hidden fees including monthly fees. I swear by Square. I have NEVER had a problem and the % fees are cheaper than the merchant services offered by my bank.

Pay pal has done that to me on several occasions. Looks like I'm sticking with square. Thanks everyone!

Most reactions

Back