Model in motion

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
i'm procrastinating since i don't wanna do a world civ paper....so i took a pic of a model my brother has in his old room:

no photoshop used other than for the border!!!

s2000model.jpg

:shock:

how the hell..

I can only come up with one idea to capture this picture, and that is by holding the car in one hand and swinging it while swinging the camera along side it... am I close?

That looks tops dude. Get the model a bit more in focus and you're away.

Btw, this photography technique isn't that difficult once you work out how its done.

I've done quite a few photos like this, but well, I won't hijack the thread :D

i don't think this is the best way to do it, but this is my method:

I rested the back of the car on the legs of my mini tripod and had the camera out on the right angled toward the car, and i slowly pushed the whole thing forwards holding them REALLY tight together so the car wouldn't be too blurry.

01.jpg

02.jpg

i didn't do it on my desk of course.......

-Dan

i just finished studying for my exam tomorrow and was kinda bored...so i played around with those models again...

wrxmodel.jpg

Nice job again. On that second one, I'd have to do a double-take to realize it was a model if I didn't already know. The effect is really convincing, especially the spinning wheels. A friend of mine has a few cool one's I'll have to give that a try with.

Well, if I had a macro, that is.

Nice shots! That's also a cleaver way of getting the effect. I've been wanting to do that myself with real cars but since I can't afford those nice cars I think toy models will have to do. :wink:

I didn't understand the technique at first, and how the tripod fitted in to it, but I think I do now.

When you actually move the tripod and car, the camera is sitting on the tripod, yes?

Aaron

altyfc said:
I didn't understand the technique at first, and how the tripod fitted in to it, but I think I do now.

When you actually move the tripod and car, the camera is sitting on the tripod, yes?

Aaron

yep, i just couldn't take the picture to show the demonstration with the camera on the tripod :)

i hold them together really tight so that the tripod/camera/car all move toghether...this keeps the car in focus and the background blurry

That's a nice idea... I'm going to have to give that a try. :)

Aaron

Most reactions

New Topics

Back