Model: Lacey

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A fun shot from today's shoot. Nothing serious, just having some fun! :)

Critiques are welcome, but I'll be the first to admit it's not a perfect image!

4425068605_cd13dd4a7c_b.jpg

EDIT: A second version!

4425800235_fecfc3abd0_b.jpg

Last edited:
Are you shooting on a green screen or is that an actual backdrop?

People really are not critiquing me because I defend my critiques, arent they?

Go ahead guys, I can take it! I won't even defend myself, but I DO want to hear what you think.

I like the 2nd version better. The first version feels too sharp & the highlights are distracting.

I really don't like the crop/composition. Her one elbow is right on the edge of one side, while the other is not. Also, there is a lot more room above her head than on any side of her. It just feels unbalanced. Of course, photos don't always have to be balanced, but it's still a good idea in some cases.

The lighting looks pretty good with the strong back/accent light etc.

Maybe a small critique...and I think it's something that applies to many of the photos that you put up on here....it just seems to be lacking 'finish'. For example, her hair is messy. It's especially noticeable because of the back light. It's got a funny shape on her head and we see messy stray hair in a few places...her armpit being especially bad.

I think you did a bit of processing on the skin, which is fine. But I think that if you had brought in good hair & make up artists, it could have given this shot the 'finish' that could take it to the next level. As I said, I think this applies to many of the shots we see from you.

Rim lighting is too hot, shirt is blown out, coloring in the first image is more appealing to me, light on background in 2nd image doesn't make any sense (looks as though it was burned in by hand).

The first image look over sharpened.
I like the color of the 2nd image better, but is this image something you wanted to do? As far as a model portfolio image it need better wardrobe and hair, as well what is up with the 3D Glasses? Just asking.

Thanks for the crits guys.

I agree with the hair in the armpit, it was pointed out to me today by someone else. LOL Totally didn't see it. But her hair being brushed a bit more would've been much better.

I honestly don't think I did any editing to her face, save for a few pimples being removed.

Nice tip Mike on the balancing.

Oh and no, this isn't really a "model portfolio" pic, this was more of a goof shot during a shoot for the tshirt. The tshirt isn't really clear here anyway, but I thought the 3d glasses looked kind of cool with the design of the shirt.

ANOTHER EDIT: (cleaned up the hair a bit)

4428128610_d7ba3ed338_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back