Model portrait that I really like

53cent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This one is pretty neat imo. I think I'm going to make a big print of this. Just not sure yet if I should remove the mole on her back or not.

Portrait by Ismar Basic, on Flickr

What do you think (not just about the mole, but in general)?

This one is pretty neat imo. I think I'm going to make a big print of this. Just not sure yet if I should remove the mole on her back or not.

What do you think (not just about the mole, but in general)?

It won't hurt at all to remove the mole. While you're at it, crop this shot tighter. Crop the pants, crop a little from the top, and some from the left. Try it!

I like the mole. To me, if you're going to remove that, then you need to take out the blue veins in her arm, generally smooth her skin, etc, which creates an entirely different shot.

Given her hair, I almost think this has a 'life is messy' type of look in a very subtle way that I think the mole enhances.

The sort of 'faded' look isn't my favorite generally, but I think you pulled it off well here.

The only thing I don't really love is the background. To me it's too tonally similar to her skin tone. The white balance also seems off, but it almost seems like you intentionally cooled it down some?

I've commented on another thread you made before, I really like this one but I disagree with cropping more. I like it the way it is, really like your whole flickr!

I like the mole. To me, if you're going to remove that, then you need to take out the blue veins in her arm, generally smooth her skin, etc, which creates an entirely different shot.

Given her hair, I almost think this has a 'life is messy' type of look in a very subtle way that I think the mole enhances.

The sort of 'faded' look isn't my favorite generally, but I think you pulled it off well here.

The only thing I don't really love is the background. To me it's too tonally similar to her skin tone. The white balance also seems off, but it almost seems like you intentionally cooled it down some?

I'll think about the mole hehe! Thanks for your comment!
And yes the wb is cooled down for the look that I wanted. The background doesn't bother me, but I do understand what you're saying.

Designer: thanks! I'll try!

What do I think?

I LIKE!!

You want to make her alabaster then PP her to death. I like it as is.

How did you find her?

What do I think?

I LIKE!!

How did you find her?

Thanks man. She's my gf :D.

Her back is so white that her face looks like it's from a different person.

still, it's nice

Her face is darker because her hair is blocking the light that's coming from the left, thus her back is lighter.
Thanks for the comment!

That is why, u needed to use a white reflector to add more light on her face....It looks much contrast on her face and skin of her body.....Face also misses the evenness of lighting....Yea I wud like her mole...it is a small identity on her...As everybody does not have?

That is why, u needed to use a white reflector to add more light on her face....It looks much contrast on her face and skin of her body.....Face also misses the evenness of lighting....Yea I wud like her mole...it is a small identity on her...As everybody does not have?

I didn't do that on purpose because that would change the whole picture. Her face was supposed to be darker for the mood of the picture. She has some blush make up on as well and that's making her cheeks more darker/contrasty.

I would leave the mole... Simply because it's a permanent part of her. It's completely different than removing zits.

What do I think?

I LIKE!!

How did you find her?

Thanks man. She's my gf :D.

Her back is so white that her face looks like it's from a different person.

still, it's nice

Her face is darker because her hair is blocking the light that's coming from the left, thus her back is lighter.
Thanks for the comment!

Lucky guy!!

As long as you have easy access...shoot and send in LOTS more!

I met a gal like her the other day at the P.O. (She is a lot plumper than your gal and not as pretty.) She is an artist with lots of visual interest with her hair and dress. I asked her to model for free photos. I didn't have my portfolio with me, but told her to email or call and I can show her some stuff. She never called. I dropped a letter off with a retry at her work. No reply as yet.

I ran an ad in the craigs list for models. Only got a hooker looking for biz and a cop sending me a young boys photo trying to see if I would bite. No serial number on the pix, it was marked 'image' Cops should at lease put a fake serial # on it if they wnat to snag somebody.

It is a lot harder for old crusters like me to get models...that is why I shoot flowers so much!

gjkktyjpeg.jpg

In any case. Get a one element soft focus lens and try it on her. She will glow!

Last edited:
I love it, as is!!! Don't change a thing!

The mole gives her character, the processing is moody to go along with her expression and her darker face, and the crop adds to the sort of "blase" feel she's giving off.

PRINT THAT MOTHER! :biggrin:

I love it as is too! Also helped me with my previous post. I like the mole too, They say moles are "beauty marks."

thnx for the input.....However, still there is scope for such contrast....as u know the difference of contrast on body and face, using black reflector u cud tone down this on her back to some extent....May be taken for future reference.

Most reactions

Back