Model/Portraits

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on the OKC World Wide Photo Walk on Saturday evening and they had models available, so I finally made myself get out of my comfort zone and shoot some portraits and head shots.

I shot with my 7D mk ii and the 50mm f/1.8 STM. My only regret is I wished I would have brought a 70-200mm with me for some of these shots. My goal was to just use one lens and help me to improve my photography by having to zoom with my feet. Note: This is all natural light, and no reflectors used.

I am still processing images, but here is one that I processed first.

21777642128_a385e0afde_c.jpg

Nice portrait Ron! I'm the opposite, trying not to move my feet while using a zoom lens.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nicely done Ron!

Thanks John.

Nice portrait Ron! I'm the opposite, trying not to move my feet while using a zoom lens.

Thank you JC. I use the zooms so much and I have that 50, that I don't use enough. I have watched a few youtube videos from Adorama about using a prime lens like the 50mm and shooting for a week or a day to help you improve. So I thought I would try it on occasions.

Nicely done Ron!

Thanks John.

Thank you JC. I use the zooms so much and I have that 50, that I don't use enough. I have watched a few youtube videos from Adorama about using a prime lens like the 50mm and shooting for a week or a day to help you improve. So I thought I would try it on occasions.
Good call. I blur way too many using my zoom. I totally blew shots this weekend at a party, I'm such a novice... Very frustrating.

I have had the 50mm f/1.8 II and got rid of it because I wasn't getting shots that were tack sharp with it. (Probably due to operator error) So it took a while for me to decide to try this new 50mm f/1.8 STM, but I'm glad that I did. I get much sharper photos with it than I do with my 28-135mm kit lens and was half the price.

Really lovely! I'm finally getting the hang of primes.....2 years later. ;-)

I have had the 50mm f/1.8 II and got rid of it because I wasn't getting shots that were tack sharp with it. (Probably due to operator error) So it took a while for me to decide to try this new 50mm f/1.8 STM, but I'm glad that I did. I get much sharper photos with it than I do with my 28-135mm kit lens and was half the price.
Did you have the non- autofocus version of that lens? I'm referring to the one you got rid of

I tried to edit, but my phone isn't cooperating!

I love her dress, and the background choice compliments her skin quite nicely!!

Did you have the non- autofocus version of that lens? I'm referring to the one you got rid of

No, it was the cheap Canon that the STM replaced in May. I may have just not had a good copy of that lens because everyone says that they were good lenses.

Interesting. Well you fixed the problem my man, great job.

I tried to edit, but my phone isn't cooperating!

I love her dress, and the background choice compliments her skin quite nicely!!

Thanks again Jazzie. I wished I could take credit for all of that, but I can't. Matter of fact, I told the model and the other people there that you could have taken great photos of these models blind folded. They were great to work with.

Interesting. Well you fixed the problem my man, great job.

Thank you. I attribute that to lots of time on here and listening and applying what I learn from the Forum(s). Plenty of people to help you get better if you want to listen and put in the time to practice.

Really lovely! I'm finally getting the hang of primes.....2 years later. ;-)

Thanks Jazzie. It is a different lens that's for sure. But it is growing on my. I still wonder how these would have turned out with a 70-200mm f/2.8L though.
probably gorgeous.
;-) if I'm outside lately I'm using my 150 2.8 prime.... Then again, if I owned a 70-200 2.8- I may not love the 150 quite so much! I love zooms. But when doing "serious" stuff lately I've been using the primes if I can since they are faster and sharper. I did use my cheep zoom for our family shoot though since I didn't need the wide apertures and it's my widest option right now.
Anyways, if I had the 70-200 2.8- it may never leave my camera! :giggle:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back