Model releases

malkav41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

I have a question for you. Do you use model releases just to be on the safe side?

I ask this because I will be taking pictures at the annual Oktoberfest this weekend, and if the photos are good I might want to post them, or maybe even try to sell them as stock(Big maybe there).

So I wanted to know how the one's that those who use them are worded. I've looked the subject up online, and the one's I've found all have pretty much this clause in them...

"I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied."

It just seems to me to be a bit overbearing toward the subject of the photo. I know it is neccessary to cover one's backside, but it also looks to me like this clause could effect the photo op of the next photographer that the subject encountered.

Thanks for any answers given,
Ed

Whenever there are people involved (outside my immediate family), I draw up a sort of "release" myself, having them sign that they are not against my using photos with themselves in them in public media, which even includes showing prints around, by the way (!), paper, internet etc. And I outline clearly which event on which date this all is about and restrict myself to only posting photos of people who have given me their consent.

But, as I am saying, I don't make use of pre-written texts, but I write up my own.

Hey lafoto, do you use leagal talk, or just plain english ( or German ;) )

Plain English or German (depends).

One of my English "Photo Release & Agreement" texts was as follows:
"I agree that Corinna, known to us all as JustAFan (or JAF), posts my photo(s) or any of her frames showing me among others who took part with me in The Sheep Walk 2006 on the Internet, specifically on the THBB. Even in case I do not agree to having my photo shown on the Internet, I stil want JAF to e-mail me photos she has taken of me and therefore agree to giving her my e-mail address which she is not using for any other purpose but to e-mail me those photos".
They all signed.

Most reactions

Back