Model shoot [NSFW]

JaimeGibb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted 2 of these single shots on the "professional" thread but wanted to make a cohesive thread over here.

This is an old friend that wanted some "sexy" shots of herself for her husband for Christmas. Thoughts? :) Thanks!

denise55bw.jpg

denise156.jpg

3. We were also doing shots for a calendar to give him, hence the not-as-risky-but-still-cute-sexy shot.
denise10.jpg

denise140.jpg

denise117.jpg

6. Her husband happens to think that Ms. Spears in her "Hit Me Baby One More Time" days is the hottest woman alive, hence this schoolgirl look.
denise99.jpg

Oh and PS: This was my first time working on a studio alone, meaning my first time working the lights alone and posing alone. So critique is greatly appreciated so I can write it all down and experiment next time :)

Thanks again!!

I like them.

question though...whats with the engagement type ring on her right ring finger?

I just noticed that...well shes wearing her wedding bands on her left finger, the one on her right finger is an anniversary present from years ago. So it makes sense, it's just on the wrong finger I guess...ha.

Ok, first of all I like them all but here few items I noticed on them. ON number one I liked the shot a lot. I did have to look two times at the hair as it seemed a bit ragged around the edges on the ground. The pose and the rest is very nice. On number 2, the issue is the issue for me is very minor. I would either put all of the couch on the left in or crop it a bit tighter so it is not clipping just the edge. It seems a balance thing and can be done PP with no issues. For number three, I would just crop up the bottom if there is no more of the image so we have a clean line on the bottom of her coat and not skin coat skin etc. Very minor and well done shot. Number four is just right. I like it. Number 5 is an issue for me. When I first look at it I say wow it is too long and too many shades of black in the background. The light is not even the floor is lighter than the background the crop on the right side shows the edge of the background where it ends. It is a nice shot but I would have liked a bigger fur rug and only have that in the shot or to smooth out the floor a bit. You have a handle or something showing in the front right too. It is a nice shot and lay out but it is the weakest of your shots. the last one is fine too. I hope you have the elbow that was cut out but it is not a biggie. I would just cut more so it looks as though you planned it. Over all you have a very nice set of shots and the suggestions are minor things to make the shots stronger.

Thanks so much!

tinstafl, thanks for pointing those things out. I really appreciate you inspecting these so much!! Funny, in #5 I must have been tired because I totally passed over PSing out where the backdrop ends and where that pole is...weird. Ill have to fix that.

I really like the pose in number 6. You really nailed the S curve well. She looks bored in number 5. The rest are wonderful. Great posing, and great lighting.

Good shots. You've captured a person, not just another body.

On number 2, you might consider b&w, or maybe desaturating the red. The red is so visually preemptive that it insists on being the center of attention for me. But I don't know anything.

I disagree about the expression in number 5. I think that may be the most intriguing expression you got.

Last edited:
Interesting opinions fox raw. Expression in number five being loved/hated and colors being over/under saturated...it proves that what evokes emotion in someone is different for everyone! That's why I try so hard to get a versatile set of images in every shoot I do.

Thanks so much for the feedback big mike! I love the s curve too :)

I think you did a great job as far as posing for your first time. The lighting is good too, I like the first image pose, but the lighting does not seem dynamic enough.

Thanks so much for the feedback big mike! I love the s curve too
Wow...I'm even getting credit for comments I didn't make. ;)

Woops! Haha i meant jlykins...I always get your photos mixed up in my head. I have NO idea why...I think you are him sometimes too.

A little too pink to my liking, Jaime. Did you try changing the hue in PS? I did, and I like mine better.:er:

Anyway, these are really great pics. Great poses and comp, and if she doesn't mind my saying so, a very sexy model.

Most reactions

Back