model shoot what you guys think? (NSFW)

At least you have a model to work with, that puts you ahead of me! :)
And these do seem like a good start. Do you have any lights or reflectors?

Yes I worked with a few model and have more booked and I do have 2 flashes and a 5 in 1 reflector

Hey bro. What I am about to tell you might piss you off. But I have the intention of making you better. [emoji16]

When dealing with non-professional models, it's going to be YOUR FAULT if they don't look inspirational and technically correct.

So do what you can sir. [emoji16] good luck on the journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know I have to learn how to make the model look good but I rather work with models that are not professional that way I learn a lot instead of just snapping pictures lol

At least you have a model to work with, that puts you ahead of me! :)
And these do seem like a good start. Do you have any lights or reflectors?

Yes I worked with a few model and have more booked and I do have 2 flashes and a 5 in 1 reflector

There are a ton of great youtube videos on fill light. :)

I looked at your IG...you have access to many gorgeous chicas there in LA! Envious!

Thank you derrel I have a shoot tomorrow and I will try to use all the technique you told me. Do u have any other advise? The shoot is around 5-6pm I will be taking my flash and reflector and led light location will be in a hiking trail it used to be the old LA zoo

I guess I don't understand the noisiness and lack of focus in several of these.
You've got a great camera that is capable of great sharpness in any kind of daylight.
Start with a sharp image and then you can layer on any edits you want but starting with a crap image puts you too far in the hole.
Forget the alluring poses, find out how to use the light to get good images and then go from there.

Open shade, never glaring light, expose for the skin, use a decent shutter speed.
When you export from LR, keep the original file name and number so that we don';t see 50 pictures all named image.
Set the metadata to be embedded so all the camera setting are visible.

upload_2015-8-28_0-4-30.png

edwarde21 said:
Thank you derrel I have a shoot tomorrow and I will try to use all the technique you told me. Do u have any other advise? The shoot is around 5-6pm I will be taking my flash and reflector and led light location will be in a hiking trail it used to be the old LA zoo

If you have a gentle orange gel, maybe tape that over the flash head, to warm up the light from the flash so that the flash's light is more warm, and a bit closer to the color temperature of late afternoon Los Angeles sunlight, which will probably be hazy. 5300 to 5660 Kelvin white balance looks good on Nikon late in the day. Using a reflector to provide some fill light, and to get a little eye sparkle is a good idea...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back