Moments of stupidity

Karalee

hOtLiPs!
Reaction score
Website
www.shuttervisions.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive just done something stupid. I had a major cramp early this morning that caused me to jump my arse right up out of bed from a deep sleep and jump around in the bedroom at 4am yelling oh my god make it stop :lol: So now my calf muscle is feeling all weird, I thought Id put some icy hot on it. Right after I was done, I had an itchy eye, so stupid me, I went and rubbed my eye :shock:

So now Im just so annoyed I was that dumb :lol: Im sitting here like this :wink: wondering whether to rub my eye, or my leg.

I know you dont want to admit, but what dopey things have you done you can now look back on and laugh (or not) :lol:

helping my mom chop hot peppers and then immediately going to use the bathroom without washing my hands. OUCH.

Talking on the phone (holding the phone with right hand) a drink in my left and looking at my watch ... I discovered it was tea time . . . the hard way!

New meaning to the words "Pour some sugar on me!"

Drained 7 litres of engine oil out of my van, changed the filter then poured 5 litres back into the engine before re-fitting the drain plug!:blushing:

I spent the next hour mopping up oil from the workshop floor!:lol:

hobbes28 said:
There are so many that I can't just think of one...

Oh gawd, me too ! :lol:

My family call those moments " Flash Moments " named after my mum ( it's her nickname ) who does these silly things all the time :mrgreen:

We're gonna record all these moments in a notebook titled ' The Flash Chronicles' one day. Maybe you should too , to read it years later and laugh.

Karalee said:
Ive just done something stupid. I had a major cramp early this morning that caused me to jump my arse right up out of bed from a deep sleep and jump around in the bedroom at 4am yelling oh my god make it stop :lol: So now my calf muscle is feeling all weird, I thought Id put some icy hot on it. Right after I was done, I had an itchy eye, so stupid me, I went and rubbed my eye :shock:

So now Im just so annoyed I was that dumb :lol: Im sitting here like this :wink: wondering whether to rub my eye, or my leg.

I know you dont want to admit, but what dopey things have you done you can now look back on and laugh (or not) :lol:

yea well ....try using Icy Hot (if your a guy) and using the bathroom:banghead:

been there, done that and didn't care for it much.

In college I had typical college furniture (which is to say not much). I used a flashlight in the floor by the bed as a lamp. The phone was in the floor by the bed too. One night I answered the flashlight instead of the phone. Took me a few minutes of yelling "HELLO?!?" into the flashlight before waking up enough to realize what I was doing.

In year eight, we had a chilli fight at school.

We found a chilli plant and threw the chillis at each other. Needless to say... We were in pain for an hour or so before the teachers caught on and sent us to the sick room. Hehehehe

I have a lot too...but I'll list a few and spare you all from thinking I'm a complete idiot:

-I once put gas in the oil part of a mower...not just a little, but a lot of gas...and it was someone else's mower...
-I ran into the same poll three times in the same day, running at full speed as well...
-Painted my body blue and dyed my hair blue for spirit day using permanent dye and poster paint that stained my pores...
-And the one that tops the list is that I went into my mom's bathroom when I was younger and grabbed some powder that she told me to dump into my sandals b/c they smelled funky, and later I realized that the powder I dumped into my shoes was Summer's Eve :lmao:

karalee, i will by pass the stupid moments, i have too many...

but a hint on the charlie horses in your legs?? first, it can usually be avoided by eating a banana during the day....most of the time its low potasium....(most of the time...)

second, if you catch it in the middle of the cramp? or right before... straightenyour leg out.. pull your toes toward your knee....(sounds wrong, i know...but it works..)
if you have them often, then when you first go to bed, flex and release your foot to make your toes touch your knees...do it 10-15 times....as your about to sleep...

i had these for years, and did the wake up "please dear lord let it stop..." thing...
i love to read home remedies, and this is an "old wives" remedy....

hope it helps!!

ok, one silly moment...during the heat of last saturday, husband on a tractor, mowing/bushhoggin his hobbit self to death... thought i would be prize wife...set out to take him some of his gator aide...cold..in the fridge...
poured it up... took it out there all martha stewart (from hell) and after a huge swallow..he spit out the rest...
he had put the plastic container of humming bird nectar..that is sugar water, times three...and colored it red already......and i had poured that instead of gator aide....

he so wanted to throw up.....hot as blue blazes, and i bring him a diabetic coma on ice...!!

woo-hoo...so wife of the year, there, 'eh?

raven....you pretty much rock. :thumbup:

oh, and my teenager gulped down some hummer food from the fridge without first asking what it was, until he decided to call me in a panic and ask: "WHAT WAS THAT RED STUFF I JUST DRANK?" :biglaugh:

I should have said, "OH MY GOD....not the RED stuff!!!!" but instead, motherhood kicked in and I immediately reassured him it was okay.... :roll: what a killjoy I am. :meh:

:lmao: some of these stories are making me giggle. I actually laughed out loud on the whole answering the flashlight thing :lmao:

Aprilraven, thanks Im gonna have to try the whole toe pullin' thing. I remember being told when I was a teen if you get cramps its potassium and eat a banana too, but yesterday I at like 3 bananas :lol: so now im really confused :scratch:

Night cramps - or "charlie horses"?? What?? - most often ocurr out of a lack of potassium, that is right. And three bananas during the day after three years without one won't do the trick ;) ... it is "a banana a day keeps the cramps away" or some such saying --- what was it again? "An onion a day keeps EVERYONE away?" --- oh well.

I gather that hot icy or icy hot or whatever it was called you mentioned first is an ointment? That, when you don't wash it off your hands properly will make other places of your body feel very - spell: v-e-r-y - hot too?

Well, my advice (after an unvoluntary self-test) is: DO wash your hands after having applied that sort of ointment when you are a women and are going through "that time of the month", needing to use the bathroom for very womanly things... (think Tampax). Just do. But don't do after me... :roll: I cannot advise it. Other circumstances can bring about much nicer feelings "down there".... uh? I said too much?

Most reactions

Back