iDance

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok.
so i just starting up.
right now photography is just a hobby.
but i would like to sell some of my stuff.
so how do i go about starting that.
where do i start???
and how so i start???
can someone please help me.
it would be greatly appricated.

You need to improve your photographs a lot too. I looked at your other thread....you have potential and not a bad start, but those are far from what I would consider sell-able quality.

lol, you need to look before you ask... I just asked this question yesterday.. Still on page one :mrgreen:

Well i tired asking about how to start selling in that thread, but no one would respond to my direct question. That is why i posted my own.

You need to improve your photographs a lot too. I looked at your other thread....you have potential and not a bad start, but those are far from what I would consider sell-able quality.

Thank You.
How so you think i need to improve?
Like what can i do to improve on my work?

Thank You.

One, go buy the book Understanding Exposure. Read it. Second, post your shots on here for awhile and get c&c on your images. Take the advice seriously and don't get defensive when people down talk your images....they're doing it to help you improve. Doing those two things and having a desire to learn and improve will get you there pretty quick. Like I said your images aren't THAT bad, but they just look like some p&s snaps.

I thought about trying to sell my photographs when I was at your stage. Looking back now (with the quality I've gotten too), I would be horribly embarassed to have some of those early phtoographs printed and hanging on people's walls.

Thank You.

One, go buy the book Understanding Exposure. Read it. Second, post your shots on here for awhile and get c&c on your images. Take the advice seriously and don't get defensive when people down talk your images....they're doing it to help you improve. Doing those two things and having a desire to learn and improve will get you there pretty quick. Like I said your images aren't THAT bad, but they just look like some p&s snaps.

I thought about trying to sell my photographs when I was at your stage. Looking back now (with the quality I've gotten too), I would be horribly embarassed to have some of those early phtoographs printed and hanging on people's walls.

Alright.
So i will go a find this book.
Thank You.
I try not to be defensive because i know people can do so much better then what i can do.
So i take things to heart, and try to improve on what im doing wrong, or could do better.

Once you make that leap and can look at selling photos, I do have some popular options for selling photographs online (I used to work in fulfillment).

Many folks will tell you that selling online isn't easy & you have to be excellent to make money from it (probably a source of passive income for most). And many photographers still make their money by selling at art fairs and the like...

the problem with it being a source of passive income for most damonb is that the passive income gets spent on new equipment so really it's passive spending for most.;)

Success at selling your photographs is way more about having marketing/selling skills than photography skills.

If you're good at marketing and sales, the quality of your images has little top do with making money.

Success at selling your photographs is way more about having marketing/selling skills than photography skills.

If you're good at marketing and sales, the quality of your images has little top do with making money.

That is rather a considerable stretch. :lol: Sure business skills are important, but what is remembered after you have left the picture so-to-speak is the quality of your shots or lack thereof.

skieur

Nate is right on the money.. on all counts.

Though, you'd be surprised what kind of garbage people buy these days.. hell, they buy MY pictures. :|

Forget about it. I wasted tons of time looking for this a couple of months ago. Truly wasted.
Unless you want to turn it into your profession.

Most reactions

Back