What's new

Money > knowledge = funny, unless it gets cocky

 
Last edited by a moderator:
lets be honest. if you had the money to buy the best to start out with would you not??? why buy low and have to just buy better once you started getting better??
 
Another flame war... Guys just relax, you should read up on "the pact" ( link in my signature). It could make your experiance on the fourm far better.
 
Another flame war... Guys just relax, you should read up on "the pact" ( link in my signature). It could make your experiance on the fourm far better.
Oh look! It's Nolan. :sexywink:
 
See, this is why I think this entire forum is stuck up. In almost every thread I've ever opened since I joined, people start "e-thugging" eachother. Not every person here is stuck up, but the attitude of the forum is.
 
LOL, this guy may not be "smart" when it comes to camera gear yet, but he was WISE to listen to the advice of someone that is when choosing his lens.
 
Then post more yourself and make a difference.


Because people with your negativity would destroy every good attempt I post. So why fight pointlessly against the en masse of cynicism?
 
It is sort of funny when you think about it.

It is like the co-worker of mine stated he was going to get the biggest baddest newest most expensive new digital camera out 'there'. I asked him what he was getting...
he said he didn't know!

He just knew if he threw a lot of money down, he could take great pictures.

It was a story, pretty amusing I think.
 
Amusing thing is, while some base level of skill is definitely necessary, I believe that throwing money down DOES buy better pictures if you have at least enough basic knowledge to know how to frame and compose a half decent photo.
 
Nothing to say except....

If you want to make friends with other photographers.... focus on photography (not the equipment). Once you get the conversation going.. you can sneak in a few here and there about equipment.

If the person has expensive equipment, you come off as a critic/judgemental...
If the person has lower end equipment, you come off as a snob...
Either way, it isn't tactful.

For me its like approaching a total stranger and immediately ask about religion or political beliefs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom