The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've used this for years with no problems but after updating to Win 10, the scheduling/reminding part wouldn't work (actually blew up Win 10) and I got random errors when saving the new profile.

After a frustrating wait a X-Rite, the new owners, the support desk said that the device wasn't supported past Win 7 and I would have to get a new calibrator.

There was no 'upgrade' deal and I resisted.
I looked around and tried a freeware version that supported many devices but the interface was seemingly translated from Klingon and assumed a knowledge and interest I didn't have.

Today, I got frustrated and tried running the original Gretag Macbeth software in XP compatability mode and, except for small error message at the very end, seemingly after the profile was written saying that the software was incompatible, all is well.

Yet another reason to stay well clear of win10. When win7 support eventually gets pulled I,m seriously considering switching to iMac rather than "upgrading" to win10 which to me looks more like malware than an operating system.

I have the x-rite i1Display 2 which the software said support up to Win7. But I was able to use it in Win8.1 and now Win10 without any issue.

Yet another reason to stay well clear of win10. When win7 support eventually gets pulled I,m seriously considering switching to iMac rather than "upgrading" to win10 which to me looks more like malware than an operating system.

That's not what I meant to imply.
I was just irritated that x-Rite chose not to support their product.
Win 10 works great for me - and it was able to run every software I have either in Win 10 or in a compatability mode.

Win 10 works great for me - and it was able to run every software I have either in Win 10 or in a compatability mode.

They should give you a discount, or something!

That is a big company and only a bit of their product line is for the actual public so they don't seem to have that 'taking care of loyal customers' down pat.

Windows 10 is a different animal all together and would require new drivers to be written. That is a poor business decision by them not to support their products.

Did you upgrade your OS or did you buy a new computer with 10 already loaded?
What is the model number of the unit?
I know all is well but I want to check something.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back