mOnStRoSiTy

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sometimes you have to make something thats, well, kinda ugly.

That's ok, you can use my mantra too...."not goin' on MY finger!"

OCFlash, through paper, under glass. Paper lightbox.

5222716426_cb0a5a90fc.jpg

Ugly it may be, but the craftsmanship is awesome, how many hours did it take you to make this?

For the shot itself, looks good, but I do feel it could do with more light on the top surface, sides look really good though.

Thanks Rob. It took about 10 hours.

I agree with you on needing some top light. I think I am going to get another flash.

Bitter, this is ridiculously impressive work! Good job, sir! (the picture is nice too :) )

Impressive! Photo and craftsmanship

I love it, it's beautiful! I would rock that!... No pun intended.

Schwetty, can you tell the whites are whites this time? I thought of you on this one. :lol:

erose, this woman had too many ideas she wanted incorporated into this ring. My original design was much simpler. But she wanted lotsa millgrain (beaded edges), filigre' (the yellow), had to use all her stones (from other jewelery) and all kinds of things that weren't possible to combine into one ring. NuTsO! :confused:

We'll see how she likes it, tomorrow. I am nervous.

Crazy good work there! That looks much more difficult than photography. Is there a Jeweler Olympics?

That is simply amazing work Bitter. The photo is also impressive. Whites look White to me and the detail gives us lots to look at!

I would have guessed much longer to create that as well, but then again I was a fitter welder and we didnt deal in anything less than 1/2 an inch thick, so what would I know, haha.

Oh yes.. last time you posted something, I wasnt sure if it was platinum/white gold or yellow gold.

Schwetty, can you tell the whites are whites this time? I thought of you on this one. :lol:

erose, this woman had too many ideas she wanted incorporated into this ring. My original design was much simpler. But she wanted lotsa millgrain (beaded edges), filigre' (the yellow), had to use all her stones (from other jewelery) and all kinds of things that weren't possible to combine into one ring. NuTsO! :confused:

We'll see how she likes it, tomorrow. I am nervous.

Every time I hear some asshat say true craftsmanship is dead, I want to show them something like this.

Absolutely astounding. :thumbup:

A friend of mine is a master jeweler. Once I was with him when he dropped by a shop where he gets contract jobs from to pick up something. The boss asked him if he has time to do a quick one and he said yes. So I sat around and watched him work. He basically finished a wax ring in 20min. It's amazing what you guys do, especially when you make it seem like it's just like drinking water.

It looks lovely Bitter. I would love to see a shot of the top. I bet she loves it. I for one love the busy bling and would rock this as well.

Most reactions

Back