Montezuma Trip 1

Dave NY

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to Montezuma yesterday and got some shots. Not that many birds there yet but that should change in the next week or so, plenty to see and photograph still. I go tons of shots, below are some of the better ones. I am no expert on flowers or birds so any help in identifying is greatly appreciated.
7-27 Montezuma bird-1 - Resized.jpg
7-27 Montezuma Songbird-1-Resized.jpg
7-27 Montezuma songbird-2 - Resized.jpg
7-27 Montezuma Wadingbird-1 - Resized.jpg
7-27 Montezuma Wadingbird-2 - Resized.jpg
7-27 Montezuma Wadingbird-3 - Resized.jpg

Last edited:
Nice images.

Can anyone identify the birds, I have no clue. There was someone there that was rattling off every bird that was singing and that he could see with the spotting scope he was carrying but he was with me unfortunately.

1. Pied-billed Grebe
2. Marsh Wren
3. Song Sparrow
4. Great Blue Heron
5. Great Blue Heron
6. Solitary Sandpiper

There is an app called Seek by iNaturalist that is very good at identifying animals and plants, not always 100%, but very close. It's available for both iPhone and Android. It's like having an ID guide... on your phone...

1. Pied-billed Grebe
2. Marsh Wren
3. Song Sparrow
4. Great Blue Heron
5. Great Blue Heron
6. Solitary Sandpiper

There is an app called Seek by iNaturalist that is very good at identifying animals and plants, not always 100%, but very close. It's available for both iPhone and Android. It's like having an ID guide... on your phone...
Thanks Jeff, that will be a big help in the future. That Solitary Sandpiper was very hard to see, I wanted to get more shots but that one was the best I could get, I couldn't find it again even though I knew it was there.

Thanks Jeff, that will be a big help in the future. That Solitary Sandpiper was very hard to see, I wanted to get more shots but that one was the best I could get, I couldn't find it again even though I knew it was there.
You are welcome! I'm seriously considering going out in my new kayak in the triple-digit heat to get some bird shots, because it's been ages since I've been out.

I’m with you Dave NY they are birds and flowers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back