Monument Valley

Travis F

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took a road trip from Michigan to Las Vegas in early July. On our way home we made a stop at monument valley in Utah/Arizona. While we were there a thunderstorm rolled through and I thought, oh great I'll probably never make back this way again and I'm stuck in a thunderstorm. Luckily the storm didn't last too long and we were able to continue our journey through the trail. It ended up working out nicely as I was able to capture the most impressive rainbow I have ever seen.

Just thought I would share.

Thanks for looking,
Travis

931727305_7jkgL-X3.jpg

Nice.. IMO i think it is better if you crop out the tree on the left but keep the same aspect ratio.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I thought about cropping the tree on the left but I wanted to leave a little foreground interest too. Maybe it doesn't work, I don't know....

Thanks again,
Travis

Very beautiful. It looks so close! As if you were onto the pot of gold in a minute!

Great opportunity. How did you get the rainbow so vibrant? Settings? I've tried before and it always comes out so faint.

Bingo.. vibrant setting i bet LOL

Great opportunity. How did you get the rainbow so vibrant? Settings? I've tried before and it always comes out so faint.

I had a circular polarizer on which really helped. I also bumped the levels and saturation slightly in PS then masked out everything else on the saturation layer.

Maybe I'll post one or two more after I get home from work. Darn filters here don't allow access to smugmug.......:grumpy:

Travis

Beautiful shot!!!

-

Very nice shot! Diggin how bright ya got the rainbow to show.

"...the most impressive rainbow I have ever seen."

INdeed! MOST impressive! Simply gorgeous shot of a lovely scene.

That's an amazing shot of a rainbow. LOL @ robertswimpson's reply... 'what does it mean' HAHAHA!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back