Moon rise over Washington DC

Kethaneni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The moon was forecast to rise right across The capitol hill, Washington memorial and Lincoln memorial on 28th of Feb. There were many people gathered to capture the nice moment but the skies were cloudy and I was able to get only the following.My pics a bit grainy. First time trying to shoot Moon with other stuff in the picture. C&C welcome.
dsc0119ms.jpg

dsc0138b.jpg

Last edited:
2nd one looks really cool, especially with the matching lights on top of the monument.

I like the first one better, spooky!... It looks like these are taken with a REALLY long zoom, to get that perspective distortion with the moon looking that huge and the three monuments looking like they are one block apart. Care to share some exif?

Not exactly C&C, but how cool is that. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!:thumbup::thumbup:

J.

These are prefect shots, looks really cool and alive i feel i am there at the moment, i like second one more

Last edited:
Cool shots, shame about the noise. Have you done any noise reduction on these?

Had you seen it before and decided to take pics of it or just get lucky? lol nice shots!!

Wow, nicely done! I like them both, but there's something about the partially obscured orangey moon behind the Capitol building in the second shot (is that the Capitol building?) that really grabs me.

There's actually software that allows you to track where the moon will rise and set.

Awesome captures!

Wow, nicely done! I like them both, but there's something about the partially obscured orangey moon behind the Capitol building in the second shot (is that the Capitol building?) that really grabs me.

Thanks Antarctican!

Had you seen it before and decided to take pics of it or just get lucky? lol nice shots!!

I was on a meetup group and one of the organizer had said that the moon would rise in line with all these some 3 months back. There were close to 40 people there for this event. And I did see a similar picture before.
Cool shots, shame about the noise. Have you done any noise reduction on these?

Thanks, I haven't tried any. Will try.
Not exactly C&C, but how cool is that. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks!
J.

Thanks!

I like the first one better, spooky!... It looks like these are taken with a REALLY long zoom, to get that perspective distortion with the moon looking that huge and the three monuments looking like they are one block apart. Care to share some exif?
F-Stop: f/5.3
Exposure time: 1/4 sec
ISO speed: ISO-1600
Focal length: 180 mm
White balance: Auto

2nd one looks really cool, especially with the matching lights on top of the monument.

Thanks!
These are prefect shots, looks really cool and alive i feel i am there at the moment, i like second one more
Thanks!
There's actually software that allows you to track where the moon will rise and set.

Awesome captures!
Yes, there are websites to track.

Somehow the second picture is missing in the original post. Re-posting it.
dsc01382c.jpg

dsc0138b.jpg

From Kethaneni

800357565_SL5mj-X3.jpg

I am seeing things or are did these two guys get the same shot?

dsc0138b.jpg

From Kethaneni

800357565_SL5mj-X3.jpg

I am seeing things or are did these two guys get the same shot?

pbelarge, even if 30 people came up with the same shot, I wouldn't be surprised. There were close to 40 people on that day in the same location to capture this.

I am not condemning, I am amazed that both of these shots made it to this one forum.

Nice shot for both of you. It also sort of confirms your shot as not being a photoshop clip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back