moonrise over hernan"gull"

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
:p sorry, had to title it this way...and for those of you who don't get it; shame shame shame!

thanks Cruzin for the push to go shoot a gull last night, not quite as good as yours, but it's a start:

20585953-L-1.jpg

thanks for looking

Where are they? You haven't managed to leave DC, you can't have. Have you???

This is very nice.
Only moonlight?
Can't be!

And now I go into the corner to be ashamed, for I don't get it........ :blulsh2:

WOW :shock: Love it love it love it! Lighting is perfect, love the reflections...you are quite talented Jon ;) All your shots are amazing not just DC ones, so don't sell yourself short :) :hug::

Damn fine shot I would say. Not only the tone but there is one gull thats looking into the camera while the others are looking away....way cooool. You have a way of adding emotion to a picture, one day I will figure it out.

Oh LaFoto...yes, I found a special place..acres and acres of wide open space called the RFK stadium parking lot :lmao:. the gulls were wading in dirty water near a stopped up storm water drain. the wonders of photography, eh?

thanks all for your comments!

Love this, the mood of it - looks like they're starting to gather for the audition of Hitchcock 's 'The Birds'. The front guy looks menacing.

This is one of my fav shots from you I think. Very good photo. :)

JonMikal said:
:p sorry, had to title it this way...and for those of you who don't get it; shame shame shame!

Pretty please, can someone help this poor foreigner with her limited knowledge of the English language understand this title at last? I've decided to come out of my corner and no longer be just ashamed by not getting it, but to be bold and ask. So here I am asking!

LaFoto said:
Pretty please, can someone help this poor foreigner with her limited knowledge of the English language understand this title at last? I've decided to come out of my corner and no longer be just ashamed by not getting it, but to be bold and ask. So here I am asking!
It's probably from an old movie or something like that because I don't get it either... :blushing:

one of ansel adams famous pics was titled moonrise over hernandez; shot from a position overlooking the village and only illuminated by the moon. after i saw this on the screen, his title came to me....there. just having a bit of fun.

thanks all for the comments! i like this one too for some weird reason.

Thanks for the explanation. Else I would have wondered and wondered forever...!

Most reactions

Back