What's new

MOOOOONNNN

You're in DC? I was just there last week for work.
 
I saw you met with Lew, if I had been free and knew you were around we could have met up for sure
 
What was your shutter speed? I never understood why people use a tripod to shoot the moon. To properly expose for the moon, without blowing it out, I always have to keep my shutter speeds high. Anyways, very nice shot... lots of detail there.
 
What was your shutter speed? I never understood why people use a tripod to shoot the moon. To properly expose for the moon, without blowing it out, I always have to keep my shutter speeds high. Anyways, very nice shot... lots of detail there.

Shot at 1/20th. I used a tripod since I don't have VR on the 300 and I was shooting out of a window on the 14th floor of a building :confused:
 
What was your shutter speed? I never understood why people use a tripod to shoot the moon. To properly expose for the moon, without blowing it out, I always have to keep my shutter speeds high. Anyways, very nice shot... lots of detail there.

Shot at 1/20th. I used a tripod since I don't have VR on the 300 and I was shooting out of a window on the 14th floor of a building :confused:


1/20th? Good god, WHY? Did you shoot at f/128 or something?
 
Nicely done Matt, from my perspective I would have kept the moon just a touch more to the right than it is now.. Nothing else to say on this except use a tripod if you have one, it definitely helps.. :)
 
What was your shutter speed? I never understood why people use a tripod to shoot the moon. To properly expose for the moon, without blowing it out, I always have to keep my shutter speeds high. Anyways, very nice shot... lots of detail there.

Shot at 1/20th. I used a tripod since I don't have VR on the 300 and I was shooting out of a window on the 14th floor of a building :confused:


1/20th? Good god, WHY? Did you shoot at f/128 or something?

What would you suggest I use next time? Shot at f7.1
 
Nicely done Matt, from my perspective I would have kept the moon just a touch more to the right than it is now.. Nothing else to say on this except use a tripod if you have one, it definitely helps.. :)

Thanks Raj :) This is actually a crop, so I could definitely still do that. It was hard finding a point that felt balanced in the shot haha
 
1/20th? Good god, WHY? Did you shoot at f/128 or something?

What would you suggest I use next time? Shot at f7.1

I'd suggest you increase the ISO next time and increase the shutter speed. You've used ISO 100, on D7000 you could easily have gone to ISO 500 or even 800 without any noise whatsoever.. So, bump up the ISO and shutter speed and you're good to go :)
 
Shot at 1/20th. I used a tripod since I don't have VR on the 300 and I was shooting out of a window on the 14th floor of a building :confused:


1/20th? Good god, WHY? Did you shoot at f/128 or something?

What would you suggest I use next time? Shot at f7.1

F/7.1, at ISO 100, the moon should be properly exposed at 1/500. Remember.... the moon is lit by the sun, just like trees and kids and mountains here on earth. If you had a chunk of it land in your yard on a sunny day, the exposure would be the same. At 1/20th sec, assuming ISO 100, you should have been overexposed by 4-2/3 stops. You should have recorded a white circle.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom